Three.

Unedited.

┏━━☽ 【❖】 ☾━━┓

Chapter Three. Changes and Envy.

┗━━ ☽ 【❖】 ☾━━┛

"Have you settled in?" A velvety voice asked from behind Misa as she hung the last piece of her clothing into the wardrobe

"Looks like it," She lightly exhaled and closed the wardrobe door shut to reveal a mirror of her reflection. She watched the taller man come up behind her and encased his arms around her with his chin resting on the crown of her head.

"I apologise," He said from out of the blue.

She looked at his reflection in surprise. "Whatever for?" She asked.

"You had only just woken up and the first thing I did was relocate you here." Kaname stated the obvious. Although Misa went along with him anyway, she did question it. There was sense of urgency from his actions and it was unlike him to do things impulsively unless they were planned.

She turned around to face him and placed a hand on his cheek. "I'm not going to leave again, Kaname. Is that what you're worried about?"

He removed her hand from his face and kissed the palm of her hand instead. "I do not want to be apart from you," was all he told her, yet she couldn't help but think there was more reasons to it that he wasn't willing to share. Not yet at least.

"I won't pry any further, Kaname, however I ask of you not to coddle me. I have ways to protect myself if need be and besides, what would other Vampires beside the group I just met think of me? I don't want to be viewed as some damsel-in-distress. I'm a Pureblood just as you are. I only wish to stand side by side you," She honestly said.

"I'll keep that in mind-"

"That's good."

"-only if you grant me something."

She looked at him with a questioning gaze. His fingers grazed down her neck. His fingertips travelled down to her collarbone where he caressed it before travelling back up her neck to her face. He gently curled his fingers under her chin and brought her face closer to his. Then he used his thumb and swept it across her luscious lips, sending shivers of delight down her body.

"May I kiss you?" He asked with a soft tone.

She answered him with a nod but it wasn't enough to satisfy him.

"I need you to tell me."

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and encased them behind the back of his neck. "Please kiss me, Kaname—"

The instant the words left her mouth, the male Pureblood leaned down and placed his lips over hers. He kissed her with so much passion and hunger that she found herself becoming breathless. His lips felt soft and pillowy against her own.