One.

Unedited.

┏━━☽ 【❖】 ☾━━┓

Chapter One. The Beginning.

┗━━ ☽ 【❖】 ☾━━┛

"Please, I beg of you

"Please, I beg of you." She pleaded with so much pain her voice, her eyes stung with tears as her heart pounded her aching chest. She dropped to her knees and threw away her pride. Her head lowered to her chest and her hands became fists.

"Please."

The dark voice chuckled and she stiffened, knowing the evil man wouldn't ever listen to her pleas. There was no ounce of sympathy in his body. He was a heartless, heartless creature.

That was when she decided to scramble over the body beside her and covered it with her own. She felt the material of her thin pink dress soak with blood as tears streamed down her face. She shook her head no.

She couldn't fight back anymore. She had exhausted her powers and now she was helpless with only a small body to protect another. If only...

She watched the man raise his palm towards her as a surge of power began to manifest.

If only she was stronger...

"No..." She cried desperately.

"Misa...?" The voice below her whispered in agony. "Misaki?"

She knew he rarely called her by her full name, but considering how serious the situation was, it was no shock to her.

She turned her teary eyes to him to see his reddish-brown eyes opening and closing tiredly. She tried to smile assuringly but much to her dismay her lips could only tremble and fall into a wistful smile.

"I'm sorry, Kaname," She apologised sadly. "I don't think I have any choice now."

"What...? I don't think I understand.." He replied weakly, feeling confused.

"I'm going to make sure you're okay."

The boy named Kaname knitted his brows as his vision became slightly clearer. He felt a striking pain in his stomach, one of a burning sensation, but it was not as painful as seeing the look on the girl's face. He glanced down at their bodies. They were both covered in blood that was most likely his. She looked at him so sadly that his heart ached.