Four.

Unedited.

┏━━☽ 【❖】 ☾━━┓

Chapter Four. Valuable Possession

┗━━ ☽ 【❖】 ☾━━┛

"So you finally met Yuki," Kaname finally said, breaking the silence they'd been walking in

"So you finally met Yuki," Kaname finally said, breaking the silence they'd been walking in. He pulled her along in his arms and took a right turn, leading them to a different hall of the building.

"Yes..." Misa trailed off distantly. "She surprised me at the start. I didn't want to believe it was actually her. She's so... different." She bit her lip and lowered her gaze.

The Kuran was quiet for a moment. He was silently thinking of something and Misa hated how she couldn't read his mind sometimes.

"You don't prefer her current self?" Kaname asked on top of her question.

She stopped in her tracks, stopping the Kuran with her. "It's not that I don't like the way she is now..." She mumbled, looking away. "I'm just worried her childhood had been stripped from her after everything that happened. I feel as though she didn't get the chance to grow up properly with her memories sealed away."

The dark-haired man silently watched her, contemplating what he should say next. "Walk with me," He urged her, after sorting out his thoughts. Pulling her closer to him, he moved them. "Other than the obvious, Yuki's grown up just fine. I made sure of it." He stated. "After that night, I took her to Kaien Cross so he would raise her, and he did, as a human, while I protected her in the background without revealing my true identity to her. We've become distant, but nothing has changed. She's still Yuki inside."

He placed his fingers on the skin between her eyebrows and smoothed over her frowning lines.

"On the plus side, for a while you won't have to worry about her trying to bite you away from me or her adamant refusal of you." He added with a chuckle.

"You know she only did all of that because she loves you, Kaname." Misa sighed. Yuki was immature with it only because she was a child but she couldn't really blame her. She would have done the same thing if a person she's had a crush on her whole life suddenly brings home a new girl. Despite everything, Misa still cared Yuki regardless, even if Yuki didn't care for her back and constantly rejected her.

Both Purebloods knew the truth, but the Kuran didn't want to acknowledge it. He knew Yuki had always loved him. She was the first person to make him genuinely smile, loved him affectionately, and he cared about her dearly, but that was about it. Don't get him wrong, he loved Yuki. But he only loved her as a sister, and if there were ever any feelings he had for her during his childhood, they were nothing compared to the ones he has for the person currently secured tightly in his arms.