Nine.

Unedited.

┏━━☽    【❖】    ☾━━┓

Chapter Nine. Remnants

┗━━ ☽    【❖】    ☾━━┛

Misa stared after Yuki's retreating back before turning to Kaname with concern in her eyes

"Do you think I've upset Yuki somehow?" She asked the man. "It must've been too rash of me to invite her out for a picnic. Maybe she's not as comfortable with me as I thought, even as this version of her..."

Even as a child, Yuki has never been comfortable with Misa's presence no matter how much Misa would try to get close to her. Back then Yuki's constant rejection of the Hideyoki Pureblood hurt her, but it never made her stop trying to approach her.

With everything that's happened so far, Misa thought things would be different. She thought that if the current Yuki didn't remember her hate towards the Pureblood, she would be able to get closer to her than ever before. But perhaps she was being too hopeful.

Misa could remember the first time she met Yuki.

Misa was sat in the drawing room of the Kuran's estate. Beside her was a nonchalant Kaname who, as per usual, didn't pay her much attention and focused his interest solely on the book he was reading.

The female Pureblood didn't mind the silence as she waited patiently, her hands fiddling in her lap with nervousness and excitement. Her heart pounded deeply in her chest. She couldn't believe she was about meet the younger sibling of Kaname that she's heard so much of.

Knock-knock.

The sound of knocking, followed by the creaking of the door being opened could be heard. The two teenage Purebloods drew their attention towards the door.

Kaname immediately stood from his seat and discarded his book to the side as he went towards the door. It was the first time in the whole hour she's been here that he was showing interest in something other than his book, and she could tell why.

"Kaname onii-sama!" A cute perky voice called out to him, followed by the rushing of footsteps.

She watched as he was glomped by a little girl with dark brown hair and bangs. She was no taller than his waist, her little arms wrapped around him like one would call a koala around a tree. She gazed up with at him with such wide, bright eyes and such adoration that it melted Misa's heart a little.

"Yuki." Kaname says as he looked down at her fondly.

He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her back. The expression of his face was the softest thing she'd ever seen. He had never showed Misa that expression before, but she couldn't blame him. Yuki was very cute, after all.