Five.

Unedited.

┏━━☽    【❖】    ☾━━┓

Chapter Five. Vulnerability

┗━━ ☽    【❖】    ☾━━┛

"Here Kitty, Kitty," Misa called with a soft smile as she was crouched down in front of a Black Cat

"Here Kitty, Kitty," Misa called with a soft smile as she was crouched down in front of a Black Cat. "I won't hurt you, I promise. I just want to pet you. Will you let me?"

The cat tilted it's head and stared up at her with two big yellow eyes. He had adorably small paws, and his upright ears twitched at every sound it was hearing. They say it was a rarity to come across Black Cats as they were mainly seen as bad luck, but Misa loved all Cats and she couldn't help wanting to feel his sleek shine fur under her palms.

"Here Kitty," She called once more. Initially she wanted to reach out to it, but she heard it was better to let Cats approach you on their own when they feel comfortable enough to. It was better for them to trust that way.

The Pureblood's smile widened when she saw the Cat get up on his feet and slowly made his way towards her. She almost applauded herself for being patient as he rubbed his body against her leg and encircled her with curiosity. She hovered a ball fist above his head and watched him sniff it. Then when it was safe enough, she took it as an opportunity to pet his head and down his back, her heart fluttering with joy at the cuteness of the Cat and softness of his coat. Her joy didn't last for very long, however, as he all of a sudden stiffened and whacked her hand away with his paw, leaving a red scratch mark on the base of her hand. Blood began to form on the new wound.

"What's wrong? You don't want me to touch you anymore?" Misa looked at the Black Cat in surprise and he tilted his head side to side.

"Misa."

She turned her head to the side to the voice of her Lover.

"Kaname..." She whispered, seeing him step towards her. His body clad in a white uniform and a green book was held under his arm.

"Why do I smell your blood?" He queried as he raised one of his brows, stopping in front of her crouched form, practically towering over her.

"Well.. you see..." She trailed off, trying to find words to explain that she was trying to approach his Familiar all morning to play with it, only for a small oopsie to happen.

The usually calm Kuran glanced down at her already healed injury on the hand, before silently casting his eyes towards the Black Cat before her, looking up at both the Purebloods. His pupils were dilated and he had a slightly arched back, obviously showing signs that the animal was agitated and frightened at the presence of the Lord. Kaname looked at it with empty eyes, and then with a wave of his hand, the Cat corrupted into a million pieces and dispersed into thin air.