7. Sick Day

It's late at night and Jun just came home.
Jun walks into the house and removes her shoes and jacket.
She slowly makes her way to the kitchen, walking as if she's dragging her body.
She pours herself a glass of water. She stares at it blankly for a second, then chugs the whole glass in one go.
After that, she slowly and quietly makes her way to her room. She lazily changes into something more comfortable, then falls on her bed and quickly falls asleep.

It's the next morning.
Jun wakes up in a cold sweat.

'Ugh, I feel like shit'

She thinks to herself as she slowly sits up on her bed. She feels that something isn't quite right but quickly dismisses it as just the aftermath of last night.
She stands up fast, wanting to take a shower to wash off the sweat when suddenly she gets extremely dizzy and blacks out.
Her family, who at that point was already awake, heard the loud sound of something falling.
Aarushi, her sister, was the only one who got concerned after hearing the sound.
Aarushi calls out to Jun from the dining room where they were all sitting, enjoying their breakfast.
"Jun, did you drop something!?"
She received no answer.
"Leave it, she probably just knocked something over with how incapable she is."
Their mother says with a slight chuckle.

Quite a while has passed before Jun woke up. She slowly sits up feeling the pain of the fall. She puts her hand on her throbbing head and breaths heavily.

'Oh fuck!'

After feeling her burning hot forehead, she is sure she is sick with a fever. She carefully gets up and steadily makes her way downstairs to look for a thermometer.
When she comes down nobody pays her much attention, even though she looked pale and bruised from the fall.
"Did anything break?" Her mom coldly asks not even looking at her youngest daughter and keeps packing her papers and getting ready to go to work.
"Except me, no nothing."
"Good, well I don't have time to fix your mistakes anyway,"
She turned to her husband "I'll be late today so don't wait for me and eat the dinner I left in the fridge. Oh! And Aarushi! Don't come home too late from your dinner date with your friends!" she calls out to the oldest daughter.
"Ok, mom!" Aarushi answers.

She and her husband exchanged a kiss while saying their goodbyes, then she left.
Aarushi left almost right after her and a little later the dad left too.
Jun was completely alone now.

Jun didn't expect anyone to notice her condition, but it still hurt being ignored like that, although she was used to it.
She resumed her search for the thermometer and as soon as she found it she took her temperature.

"Fuck!?"

She says out loud.

'No wonder I passed out, 39.2°C!! I'm just glad I didn't hit my head on a corner of something.'

She slowly goes back upstairs making sure she's always holding onto something so she doesn't fall.
She gets to her room and grabs her phone.
She sends an email to her professors and her boss letting them know about her condition.

After walking up and down so many times, Jun felt exhausted, so she just lay on the bed and drifted to sleep. She didn't even take any medicine to lower her fever.
But she did care. She was too tired to think.
She just wanted to sleep.

A few hours later she woke up, she took her temperature again to see if it changed.
It did. Just slightly.
Immediately after she put the thermometer down her stomach rumbled.
Of course, she would be feeling hungry since she hasn't eaten anything since yesterday.

She yet again slowly and very carefully makes her way to the kitchen. She opened the fridge where she heard her mom say she left some food for dinner.

'Are you fucking serious!? She only made enough for two people. Good job taking care of your youngest child, "mom" '.

Jun managed to make herself a quick meal that was easy for her to eat and digest.
After eating she left the dishes in the sink since she was too tired and felt too sick to wash them.
She also drinks some water and brings a glass with her back to her room.
She lays down on her bed and covers herself with a blanket getting comfortable and falling asleep again.

It's very late at night when she gets woken up by loud footsteps walking towards her room.

"Aarushi- I mean Jun!! How dare you!"

To be continued...

----------------------------------------------------------------Note:

For some reason, this chapter was the hardest to write out of all the ones I've written till now.
Even though nothing special really happened it was a challenge to write it.
Anyways.
Hope you've enjoyed it and I'll see you next week.
Bye~