8. The Talk

"Aarushi- I mean Jun!! How dare you!" her mom screams as she bursts into Jun's room.
"You've been laying around the house the whole day doing god knows what, you didn't go to school and didn't even clean your own dishes. What kind of daughter have I raised!?" the mom continues to yell standing right in front of the door frame leaning slightly forward with her hand pointing at Jun.
On the other side of the small room was Jun, barely able to sit up, looking at her mother with a confused look.
She is still half asleep and hardly understood a word said to her.

"Do you have any idea how expensive that school is, do you have any idea just how much me and your father have to work to keep you enrolled in there!? Hm?? No? Not gonna say anything? IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WANNA SAY FOR YOURSELF!!??" Her mom continues.
Jun looks her dead in the eyes with a cold expression.
"I'm sick."

Silence fills the room for what seemed like an eternity.
The mother was shocked by the reply "You're sick? Ha, imagine how sick I must be working so hard to feed this ungrateful child-"
"I'm sick" Jun cut her off repeating what she said a moment before. Still holding get cold gaze fixed on her mom, not breaking eye contact even for a second.
"I'm sick, I have a fever and I feel like crap"

There was another moment of silence.
The mother was stunned by what she heard but she collected her thoughts. "You...liar" she slowly started not even looking at her daughter "How can you lie like that!?" she asks
"I'm not-" Jun tries to deny the accusations but is quickly cut off.
"LIES!? You're just doing this for attention. Don't you think you have enough of it already?" The mother continues with her theory.

"Enough attention you say?" Jun replies as she finds the strength to stand up. "I barely get any attention at all, because all the attention you say belongs to me is actually for little Miss Perfect, my dear older sister. I mean she is the golden child, good-looking, social, good at everything. With a child like that, you don't need a second one, yet here I am standing right in front of you, talking to you." Jun speaks her mind with a slight panic but mostly anger and sadness.
Jun starts panting due to the state her body is in right now.
"lies, lies all I hear are lies!?" the mother denies it, "You should be grateful for what you have."

Jun is irritated by her mom's words "I don't want to listen to this anymore" she says in a half-whispering tone. She pushes past her mother as she was still saying something but Jun stopped listening at that point. Jun makes her way down the stairs and grabs her jacket.
"Where do you think you're going?"
The mother asks from the top of the stairs.
"Anywhere but here is fine" Jun quickly answers walking to the front door.
"So you're too sick to go to school but not to go-...out" She did even finish the sentence when she was cut off by a loud slam of the front doors.

Jun makes it out of the bus and just barely catches the bus to the city center. She had just enough money in her pocket to pay for the bus, but now she's completely without money in the center of the city wearing her PJs and a jacket. On top of that, she's still sick.

It was almost November so the weather was extremely cold and the sun had already set making it even colder.
Jun feels a bit dizzy so she finds a bench to down when all of a sudden she hears a familiar voice say:

"My, my, who do we have here "

To be continued...

----------------------------------------------------------------Note:

Hello!

This chapter took me quite a while to write.
A lot has happened to me in the past week or so.
I'm really sorry I'm not keeping up with my chapter-releasing consistency but I will still try to keep the chapters coming once a week or once every ten days.

Thank you for your understanding.
Bye~