Phoenix, Arizona
Sharina Bahía Luna Baptiste

''I'm hungry' I thought as I sat in class, waiting for the bell to ring

The school wasn't bad, I was just hungry and tired. Senior year is killing me, with graduation, finals, and college coming up, I'm stressing about everything.

"Alright, students that's all for today. Remember to study for your finals, I want you all to graduate!" my teacher said, boredom laced in her voice.

I exited the room feeling my stomach hurt. 'I'm so hungry. What should I have, McDonald's or Panda Express?' interrupting my thoughts I hear someone call my name.

"Sharina!" I hear. 'Who the hell calling my name?' I thought getting irritated.

I turn around and see my cousin, Ora. She's the only cousin I talk to due to our moms being close sisters.

"Girl, why are you yelling my government name across this hallway?" I said rolling my eyes in slight irritation.

"Ain't nobody know you anyways," she said with attitude. I swear this girl always giving me attitude.

If she wasn't attractive I don't know who would mess with her. Ora is pretty, she has light caramel skin, plump lips, orb eyes, long eyelashes, long black hair, and a big back.

"You 'bout to get something to eat?" she asked.

"Yes, I was thinking about Panda Express. Why do you want to me?"

"Hell yeah, but before we go I need you to come with me to the gym," she said.

"For what Ora?" I said getting more irritated, 'I'm hungry' I huffed in frustration.

"Hush, Shea I gotta say bye to my man, come on," she said turning around and heading towards the gym.

"You a hoe" I mumbled under my breath.

"Be quiet you're just mad 'cause you're dry," she said chuckling.

I shook my head trying to control my growing frustration. Ora's always trying to insult my love life, knowing I'm scared to date because of my issues.

I started to scratch my skin, trying to distract myself from starvation and irritation. Once I calmed down I walked to the gym with my fast-ass cousin.

~

Walking into the gym I instantly catch the smell of must and sweat, and I gag.