十七

Phoenix, Arizona
Sharina Bahía Luna Baptiste

"Oh shit! That fucking hurt!" Remi yelled after I inserted the needle into her arm

"You'll be okay," I thought, rolling my eyes.

"My bad, I'm almost done then you can do me."

I just gave Remi an IV. We're in clinical and one of our assignments is to practice inserting an IV.

The teacher told us to try it on one other, I decided to do it first hoping that Remi would follow my gentleness.

"I'll let the liquid go into your veins before you do it on me," I said, removing my gloves. Remi hummed, getting on her phone.

After my birthday Remi finally came to school and became my official new partner.

She's been decent, when I first saw her at school it was awkward because of the interaction Ora and one of her friends had.

One of our first assignments in clinical was to talk about what we wanted to go in as a nurse.

We didn't say anything for the first 30 minutes of the class.

I'm one of those people where even if I know you, I will never greet you. Either you say hey or we don't say anything at all.

"Who was that girl you were with?" Remi asked, looking up at me.

I look up as well but with a confused face. What girl is she talking about?

"I have no idea who you're talking about," I say. Remi stares at me with a blank expression then an irritated look.

"The bitch you was with at the store," she smacked her gum. Oh, she's talking about Ora.

"That was my cousin," I said lightly. Out of shock, Remi gasped, getting some people's attention.

"Y'all are related? Y'all look nothing alike, shits crazy."

We get this a lot, I think the only thing similar about us is our skin tone but at the same time we're not supposed to look alike, we're cousins...

"And y'all act completely different. Ya cousins a bitch," she said, pulling the IV out of her arm.

It's my turn to be shocked. She stands up walking over to the supply area grabbing another needle and IV bag.

The was a trial of blood following her. 'That's so unsanitary,' I thought.

"It's your turn, sit right here," she said, tapping the chair she just sat in.

ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴꜱ (heavy editing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara