Chapter 8-Why Me?

Jason's pov

I didn't expect it but... I'm making out with this hot little girl. I gently hold her against the wall. She has that beautiful teasy flirty smile on her face. "It's been almost thirty years since I've been this close with a girl." She laughs slightly and I'm regretting saying that. "Did it feel like thirty years?" She asks, making me do a double take. I step back, trying to think. Honestly... It didn't. I had no idea and was completely shell shocked when she told me what year it was. "You okay?" "I... Um yeah. I'm just.... Well I guess you can say a little rusty on the whole dating thing?" She laughs. "A thirty year dry spell kinda knocks the funk outta ya." My face heats up. "Of c-course not! I definitely still have.... Funk?" God I sound so stupid. I'm so embarrassed. "Why does my brain turn to mush when I talk to you?" I mutter under my breath, sitting down at the table. She slyly sits on the table in front of me with her legs crossed. "I may be single as a Pringle but I don't mind changing that." She says, shocking me. "Wha... You... You really wanna be with me?" "Why wouldn't I?" I dunno. I can't help but be a little shocked and I don't even know why. She puts her tiny hand on my chin, closing my open mouth. "Careful you'll catch flies." She says and laughs. "I.... I... Always get so tongue tied." I say, looking away, my face hot as a volcano in Hawaii and probably redder than a ripe tomato. "Ya know it's only considered a crush if the other person doesn't feel the same way." What? "I already know you like me. And well.... I'm certainly interested in you." "Really? Why?" I gape shocked, nervously resting my hands on her legs. "Why not?" She says, shrugging. I can't stop thinking about the fact that if I wasn't here, I'd be in my 40s and she'd have no interest in me. "You're doin' alot of thinkin', huh cowboy?" Curse this blushing. She jumps off the table. "OK big guy looks like I'm taking the reins." She grabs my shirt and pushes me against the table, planting me in a wild warm kiss. I have a thousand things going through my mind. And not one of them is about escaping this prison.

*a few hours later*

Miranda's pov

"Damn that was hot." He whispers, looking shocked. I smile. It sure has been a long time for him. But I'm getting the impression time feels like it passes by much faster here. He pulls the blanket back and stands up. "Where ya goin'?" I ask, propping my head on my hand and leaning it on the pillow in a semi sexy pose. "I.... Uh.... B-Bathroom." He stutters, red faced again. He walks backwards to the doorway after putting on clothes and walks right into the closed door. I barely keep myself from laughing. I don't want to embarrass him anymore than he already is. He heads to the bathroom and I'm left wondering again about my family and what they're doing? And if they're okay. I wish I could see my brother. I miss him more than anything. I get dressed as Jason walks back in. He sits on the edge of my bed and I crawl over to him and wrap my arms around him. "I miss my family so much." He murmurs, placing a gentle hand over mine. "Me too." I say. "You alright?" He nods. "It just doesn't get easier." He quickly swooped me into his arms, earning a surprised squeal from me and a chuckle from him. "Now that was adorable." I feel a warm blush in my face. "Ooh now the tables have turned, huh?" He says, hugging me close to him. I feel so safe in his arms. I'm so happy to have him here. This nightmare would have been impossible to suffer through alone. "Hey... I.. I wanna tell ya somethin'." He says, my head on his chest and his head gently resting on top of mine. "What's up?" "I think I love you." He whispers, shocking me. "Really? You do?" I ask, looking up at him. He looked so scared for some reason. He nods. "I love you too." I whisper, hugging him tight, happy for the first time since arriving.