Chapter 12- The Truth

Miranda's pov

Every few seconds, shockwaves hit us and the house. I have no idea what to make of it. All I know is I can't take much more of it. I struggle to my feet, gripping onto the couch for support. "Wait! What are you doing?" Jason gasps, looking up at me. "I don't know but we have to do something!!" I cry desperate, my eyes locked on the door. Another wave hits, causing Jack to skid forward, groaning in pain. Determination drives me forward and I reach the door handle. I tried to turn it but still after all this time, it wouldn't budge. "Come on! Come on! I cry, miserable, in pain, and exhausted. I couldn't keep from crying. It was just too much. I felt arms around me. I shakily looked up into the loving green eyes of the young 80s cowboy. "We'll think of something." He says, holding me close as another shockwave hits. I hear Briar scream. I rest my back against the door, trying to stop crying. "Please just let us go." I whimper, closing my eyes. "Miranda! The door!" Jason shouts. I open my eyes confused. It was glowing white. He stared at it in shock. "What's going on?" "Why is the door glowing? It's never done that!" Pete says as everyone terrifedly crawls over to us. The light fades away, sending a wave of horror and disappointment through me. "Wait it glowed like that when you asked to leave." Jack says, standing up. I stare at my boyfriend in shock as I slowly stand up. "Please let us go." I say again then grab the doorknob. The door glows again and to my shock, it turns. Everyone goes silent in shock as I open the door. "You're telling me all this time we just had to ask nicely?!" Thomas furiously shouts. There was nothing but white. "What do we do?" I ask, shakily. "At this point, anything is better than this." Thomas says, walking toward the door. Jason pulls me back, frightened. I'm scared too but also extremely curious. And slowly one by one, people nervously walked out that glowing white door til it was just me and Jase. "You ready?" I ask. "I'm scared." He says, holding my hand. "We can do this." "But we don't know where it goes.... What if.... I never see you again?" "Don't think. Just do." I say, running for the open doorway, pulling him with me. The bright white light feels warm but just as quickly as it came, it was gone. We were left surrounded by darkness. Slowly my eyes adjusted to seeing row after row of headstones and suddenly....

I remembered everything.