Chapter 20- Peace

Mike's pov

I very shakily got back into my car. I only stopped in front of that place because my car was acting up. I had been speeding, going about 80, to get home before curfew. As the early light of dawn approached, I was thankful I stopped. I got back on the road, going the speed limit this time, and my heart fell into my feet as I saw the bridge out. I hit the brakes and stepped out. If I hadn't stopped, I would've been going too fast to stop in time. I look back over my shoulder, the cemetery in the distance. "You guys saved my life." I whisper, overcome with emotion. If I didn't stay and listen to those poor ghosts, I'd have died last night. "Thank you/" I whisper, getting back in my car, backing up, and taking another road home.

Miranda's pov

When my eyes finally adjust, I look around. It is a long stretch of hallway with shiny golden lights on the wall. I look back the way I came but there's nothing there. I can't believe I've been dead for four months and I didn't even know it. I walk the corridor, shaking in my boots. I push the door open and smile gladly being greeted by a very familiar face. He pulls me into a tight hug and I can't keep the smile off my face. "Jason, I missed you." I shakily say. "Welcome to heaven." He says, making me happy. Soon I'm surrounded by my family. "I can't believe what Jack did." Briar says, looking close to tears. "He sacrificed his happiness and freedom. He's a brave kid." Thomas says, smiling. For once the look on his face wasn't regretful or upset. It was truly happy. I looked around at the group of teens that have become my closest friends. They... We are finally happy. And free. There was a large group hug then we left the little room. Heaven is a beautiful place. "I think I'm gonna like it here." I say, gladly. The boy I fell in love with laughs and holds my hand, lacing our fingers together. "Baby you're all that I need." He says, making me happily jump up to reach his height and plant a kiss on him. Nicole laughs. "Oh my gosh!" She suddenly cries. I look where she's looking and see a girl that looked similar to Nic but just older along with an elderly man and woman. "Abbie, mom, dad!" She cries, running over. Wow. It's Nic's family. "Private Brady, lovely to finally see you again after all these years." A deep gravelly voice says behind us. Thomas stiffens up and turns around. "H-Harold." He shakily chokes out, pointing at the ancient looking war veteran. "Tom, it's so good to see you!" The two brothers hug tightly. "I missed you so much!" Thomas gasps, crying. Pete looked longingly at the ground. I worriedly walked over but was relieved to see a little window showing a man in his 70s, surrounded by 4 young children. Probably his grandchildren. "Is that..." "My brother. Neil. He... He grew up.... And now he's all old and wrinkly." He said, making me laugh. "He looks so happy. I'm... I'm so glad." I smile and hug him. It's good to know we can still see our loved ones. "How'd you get that little square?" I ask. He smiles, looking nostalgic. "You just think it, just like that old house." He says, hugging me. I think about my brother and wonder what he's doing. The little window popped up and my heart nearly stopped. He was at the cemetery, sitting by my grave. "Don't cry. I'm okay!" I gasp, upset for him. He sets a hand on the angel. Then to my surprise, Mike walks through the cemetery gates. He had tools in his hands. I call for Jason to see and he walked over, along with the rest of our crew. "Who are you?" My brother asks. "The name's Mike." He said, setting the tools down. "What're ya doing?" The boy who saved us smiles. "These graves need a little TLC. What do you think?" Sean smiles, trying not to cry. "I... My sister is buried here." He said pointing. "I know. She and all of her friends are finally free and at peace. I promise." Wow. Mike is such a good person. Nicole starts to cry happy tears when Mike cleans her grave to where it is legible and less crumbly. Thomas hugs Pete, also in tears, when he does the same for his. Mike cleans all the graves and weeds the grass before placing flowers at each of our graves. "Wow." Jason whispers, hugging me. "If you're still listening..." Mike says, shocking me. Everybody starts listening closely. "I'm going to go to every cemetery I can find. Hopefully I can find more people and help them rest." I busted into tears at this generous man. Sean was so confused. "Who are you talking to?" Mike smiles. "Never mind." He says, hugging my brother as they walk out of the now pristine and gorgeous cemetery. "Well that's one happy ending." I say, looking into the eyes of this handsome cowboy. "Amen, baby." He says, making me laugh before planting a soft love filled kiss on my lips.

THE END