Prologue: I'm free?

REMINDERS: 

Y/N: your name

N/N: nick name

S/C: skin colour

E/C: eye colour

Italics are your thoughts! 

◈◈◈▣▣◈◈◈▣▣◈◈◈

Darkness. That's all I have ever known. The inside of a cold, dark cell aboard a gulra cruiser. How did I get here? I have no idea. As far as I know, I've been here my entire life. I've never seen light, other than the quintessence filled torches the guards carry. They come down this part of the cruiser for one reason only, only once cell, one person. Me. I can hear the load clang of boots on the hard, stone floor as I awake on another day far away from my fantasy of freedom. 

A guard, maybe a higher up comes into my cell, I can tell by the sound of their sword scraping along the floor. I've become accustomed to the darkness of the blindfold over my eyes. No one told me why it  was there but I'm assuming it was to patronise me. I hear the click of the many locks on my cell open. I can feel my heart beating fast in my ears, my throat tightens and my breath thins. The thought of death does not scare me anymore, but they make sure I don't die every time they come to "talk" with me. 

Once the door locks again, and the guard is far away and I feel the bl**d fall freely down my arms, chest and head. The bruises throb over my legs and my eyes burn with tears. I let them trickle down my bruised face, as they fall, I feel nothing. No wave of sadness or regret washes over me. Only the realisation of utter hopelessness. 

I hear someone walking down to my cell again, this time my breath is quicker and my numbness turns into fear, I'm terrified that the next person to come into my cell, may be here to take me to the gladiator. The only time I leave my cell. Don't think it's a blessing they let me leave, because by the time I am back in my hole of despair, my cuts are deeper, my bruises a shade of black rather than purple. When I fight the gladiator, I have to fight with my blindfold covering my eyes still, I haven't seen myself or anyone in so long that the images of people inside my head have morphed into beasts, monsters, maybe that is what they look like? I try not to dwell on it too much as I hear the locks click again. Someone drags me out of my cell and I fell the wounds on my legs sting, my eyes still burning with tears that are now overflowing but no sound comes from me. The person places me on some kind of chair, I can only assume this is High priestess Haggar putting me in the torture chair. My arms are set free from the rope that has been digging into my thin wrists, My legs are untied as well, I feel someone put a piece of paper into my hand, then a click and everything around me speeds up. I am so disorientated, my head spins and my eyes close slowly and everything stops hurting for what seems like only a few seconds but when I open my eyes again, everything is bright, my blindfold. It's gone. I look around me and colours invade my eyes, I feel tears swim like rivers down my face, suddenly nothing matters anymore. I'm... Free? 

◈◈◈▣▣◈◈◈▣▣◈◈◈

I hope you enjoyed it! <3 I kind of gave up with the other story's plot and I feel more inspired by this one! 

Some Voltron memes to lighten the mood: