Chapter 42: A new encounter

As the paladins make their way to save our new allies once again, an overwhelming feeling of a familiar presence descends on me. An ominous on. One I used to know well, but now I avoid at all costs. Lotor. Or formally known now as the new Emperor.  Before Keith heads out, I run back over to him. 

Y/N: "Keith, wait-"

KEITH: "What is it Y/N?"

Y/N: "Be careful out there."

KEITH: "I will, don't worry."

Y/N: "I mean it, be really careful."

KEITH :"What's going on? What's with the sudden worry?" He pulls off his helmet, holding it beneath his arm as he turn to face me fully. 

Y/N: "I'll explain later, for now, just be careful."

KEITH: "Come on, since it worries you so much, be beside me." He reaches his hand out, eagerly awaiting me to take it, which I hesitantly do. He smiles, pulling me to his side and down the passage to the black lion. "This one's for you, Shiro." I place my hand on his shoulder as the black lion familiarly roars to life. "All right guys, we're not about to let the galra take back this planet, so follow me."

HUNK: "Where's Lance?"

KEITH: "What? Lance, where are you?"

LANCE: "My lion's not responding to me."

KEITH: "Well, figure it out and catch up with us as soon as you can."

I pull at Keith's arm, as my chest tightens with the anxiety of the oncoming presence I feared. 

Y/N: "Keith..."

KEITH: "What's wrong Y/N?" My eyes are filled with fear, as I'm sure he can see. 

Y/N: "It's what I was trying to warn you all about-"

LOTOR: "Attention, Paladins of Voltron," his voice is like burning iron in my ears, ripping away the peace I tried so hard to keep, "This is Prince Lotor, son of Zarkon, Emperor of the Galra Empire. Surrender now or you will be destroyed." His ships surround us, and I feel his corrupt mind seething through the air that I breathe. 

Y/N: "He's returned."

PIDGE: "We've been set up!"

KEITH :"Evasive manoeuvres!"

Y/N: "Everyone watch your back!"

The fighters shoot at us, blasts scorching the sides of the lions. 

LOTOR'S POV: Something is amiss here, there are only three lions here, and it's like they've never fought together before, let own fly together. There's something else, a familiar presence, I can't quite place who it is... but I know I fear them. An odd feeling I have. 

The three of the lions are struggling to break through the walls of fighters, shooting from one side to the next. 

KEITH: "Guys, I'm having trouble here. These controls don't respond like the red Lion's."

PIDGE: "There's too many for the three of us."

Y/N: "Four of us."

HUNK: "Look out!" A blast of concentrated power blasts from a cruiser, nearly nocking us over. 

KEITH: "Lance, get out here now!"

Y/N: "I can go out there and get rid of as many fighters as I can."

KEITH: "You're not going anywhere Y/N, You're still injured."

Y/N: "I'll be fine, I'm an experienced fighter."