Chapter 36: Best laid plans 2

Our final plans are in motion, tension rises as we move closer to the wormhole, ready to face the threat that has been tormenting the universe for 10,00 years. If we fail, there may be no hope, no freedom, no going back. 

SHIRO: "Everyone lock into position. We're taking this thing up. Princess, we are go for launch." 

As the paladins latch onto the teladuv, I stand anxiously, staring out from the bridge. 

ALLURA: "Charging main turbine." 

Y/N: "Defences are up, Princess."

SHIRO: "Alright guys, listen up. I'll use the black lion to lure Zarkon's fleet to our current location and make sure he's within the teladuv's area of effect. Keeping the teladuv hidden behind the space-fold until the last possible second is essential. We can count on you, right, Slav?"

SLAV: "Absolutely, I'll be fine. I'm not sure about the gravity generator, though."

HUNK: "What? What was that last thing?"

SLAV: "Hiding a ship is one thing, but I've never had to build a gravity generator for something this large before. I know it'll work but I'm not really sure for how long." The knot in my stomach tenses as his uncertainty increases.

SHIRO: "well, it's a risk we'll have to take. Once Zarkon's ship is in position, Kolivan and Antok will coordinate with Thace. Together, they'll take down Zarkon's security system and upload the virus." 

PIDGE: "And then, he'll be a sitting duflax." Everyone goes silent, looking at Pidge.  "What?" 

Y/N: "It's an altean creature with a beak and webbed feet." Everyone nods in realization, however I don't get the joke.

CORAN: "We'll wormhole Zarkon 500 million light years away, and he'll be in Yggiz Galaxy before he knows what hit him!"

SHIRO: "What about Thace."

I feel the world slow down around me, like everyone is frozen in time. This is literally the worst possible time for  vision. 

My vision blurs, then goes dark. All I see is darkness, until a purple light radiates through the nothingness. I step closer, ripples forming around my feet, like I'm stepping on dark, murky water. As I get closer, everything becomes more clear, and suddenly I'm in a galra room. A torture room, one I know the sounds of all too well. Haggar's goons are crowded around something. Leering over the unsuspecting victim of their torturing. I get close enough to see what is going on. Thace. A member of the blade of marmora. He's screaming in pain, his face ragged and injured. I gasp, the sound of his pain too much to bare. 

The scene suddenly gets further and further away from me, all I see is darkness once again. I open my eyes, coming back to reality. I feel my knees wavering, I lean back on the control panel. Feeling my head tense with the pain of what I saw, I try my best to keep listening to the conversation. Today is too important to be worried. 

KOLIVAN: "He should be getting into position now. We received his last communication three quintants ago. We should hear from him soon."

SHIRO: "Let's do it."

Y/N: "Wait-" Everyone's attention turns to me, I feel my face flush red, but I feel I need to say it. "What if Thace was discovered?"

KOLIVAN: "Then the plan would be jeopardized. " His face is now covered with concern, "Why do you ask?" Still as untrusting as always, just like Allura, as I look to her face, it is ridden with mistrust. 

Y/N: "I- I was just wondering, being precautious." 

Everyone goes to their positions, I feel my face slowly cooling down. So intense.