Chapter 44: A haunted reunion

Something has been bothering me ever since I went into the black lion a couple days ago, I heard Zarkon's voice, and I saw him the first time. But, what if he wasn't talking to me? He's also meant to be injured severely after our battle, so how did I see him? 

Suddenly, the alarms start blaring, I run onto the bridge to find the paladins gathered around a distress signal. 

KEITH: "What's going on?"

PIDGE: "Yeah, these have never gone off before."

LANCE: "Allura what is it?" She's shaking so I walk over to look at the signal, my heart drops when I see what it is.

HUNK: "Looks like you three just saw a ghost." Allura, Coran and I stand staring, motionless at the distress signal.

CORAN: "That's just the thing..."

Y/N: "That's an old Altean distress code. King Alfor's ships used them, didn't they?"

ALLURA: "How do you know that?"

Y/N: "I used to see them pretty often, but they were often covered up and ignored."

ALLURA: "Then could it be? Are we not the last Alteans alive?"

KEITH: "Wait, what if someone's cloning the signal to try and lure us in?"

ALLURA: "The signal is from an Altean ship, and we are going to find it." 

I remember something about the Altean distress signals I used to hear about, but something is blocking the memory. It's not erased, I just can't access it somehow. It must be the Galra that is stopping me from recalling it. All I know, is it isn't something good. Whatever is happening now, feels like a trap. 

We approach the site of the distress signal, it's truly a sight to behold, but something seems off. Like we shouldn't have found it, or someone is pulling the strings of fate. 

ALLURA: "The signal is from an Altean ship, and we are going to find it," we stare out at the confusing scene before us, "That looks like a Tel Galax exploration shuttle. One of my father's deep space vessels."

CORAN: "according to the ship's identification code, it's Commodora Trayling's ship. But I don't see any records of its destination or mission."

LANCE: "What happened to it?"

HUNK: "Is it stuck in a wormhole?"

CORAN: "That's unlike any wormhole I've ever seen."

PIDGE: "There is a massive amount of energy emanating from it, centred right where the ship is stuck."

Something strikes my heart, I rush towards the control panel, pulling up the screen. My heart drops when I see the readings, it's just like before. That day. These readings... are exactly the same. 

KEITH: "What's wrong Y/N?" 

LANCE: "Now you look like you saw two ghosts."

Y/N: "This is bad, we have to get away from here." No one answers me, "Now, we can't be here!" 

ALLURA: "What are you talking about? There could be alteans there!"

Y/N: "Not your alteans!"

HUNK: "What?"

Everyone stares at me, confused. Allura looks more frustrated and annoyed.

ALLURA: "We can't turn our backs on Alteans, they're my people!"

Y/N: "I understand that as much as you do, Allura, but this isn't something we can or should meddle with."

KEITH: "How do you know what this is?" He looks out at the ship suck in a space-time rip, then back to me.