Chapter 30: Space pirates

We're all gathered on the bridge shortly after leaving Taujeer, the atmosphere feels very serious and almost tense. 

SHIRO: "okay, look, I now know for certain that Zarkon is tracking us through the black lion. We have to find some way to stop him."

PIDGE: "How are we gonna do that?" 

ALLURA: "We've never had this situation before. Two paladins battling for the same lion."

SHIRO: "Well, unless we want Zarkon taking control of Voltron every time we get close. I'll have to forge a new bond with my lion. One that's stronger than his." 

CORAN: "Well, while you're working on that, the rest of us need to find some new teladuv lenses otherwise we won't be able to travel via wormhole."

HUNK: "Is that something we have to mail order?"

KEITH: "Does anyone even make those anymore?"

ALLURA: "I don't know. Only a few Alteans could us the teladuv lenses 10,000 years ago. They may not exist anymore."

CORAN: "I think I may know where we can get some."

ALLURA: "Coran! You're not suggesting going to one of those filthy swap moons! The last time you went, those space pirates took you for everything you had."

LANCE: "Space pirates."

The idea of going to a 'swap moon' has intrigued me enough that the conversation around me fades out. I've never really been to a place like that before, and my knowledge of other aliens and people is limited to these bozos. 

CORAN: "Look, you're the only one who can operate the castle. You need to be resting, after all you've been through. Now, lets ready a pod for our mission. We need  to get in, find the scaultrite lenses, and just get out."

Y/N: "I'm driving!" I start running off the bridge in excitement with Lance following behind me.

LANCE: "Shotgun!" 

HUNK: "What? No, you have to be in the pod bay to call shotgun!"

LANCE: "Since when?"

HUNK: "Uhh, since forever? That's shotgun etiquette! I wrote the book."

We hop into the pod, Lance in the passenger seat next to me, I start the magical engine. Coran, Hunk, Pidge and Keith pile into the back of the pod, Hunk sighing in irritation. 

HUNK: "Stupid lance, Stupid Shotgun..."

CORAN: "These swap moons are very dangerous environments. So be on your toes. No weapons or communication devices of any kind! Also, I've brought along some disguises. "

Y/N: "Alright Coran, Now is everyone buckled in? Time to go!" The pod shoots out towards the swap moon, I hear screams from the back, me and Lance high five and laugh. 

Before long, we've arrived and are all standing mouths gaping at this shiny new building. 

HUNK: "Y/N... You.. are... never driving... again." Hunk grabs his stomach in pain and leans over. 

KEITH: "I've got to agree with Hunk on this one."

LANCE: "Weaklings." I smile at Lance and we both laugh at the others discomfort. 

CORAN: "This is no time for your shananigans, we have some serious business to carry out."

PIDGE: "Uhh Coran? This unilu swap meet looks an awful lot like a regular mall."

Y/N: "What is a mall?" I look confused, everyone turns to me, eyes wide. 

KEITH: "How do you NOT know what a mall is?"
HUNK: "Yeah, where did you even grow up?"