Chapter 31: The blade of Marmora

SHIRO: "Coran, how soon will we get to the blade of marmoras base?"

CORAN: "Based on the coordinates Ulaz gave us, we should be there within a few doboshes."

PIDGE: "I can't wait to see it, I mean, they were able to fold space time and that was just an outpost!"

HUNK: "Mm, the space taco... it left us too soon."

PIDGE: "well sure, but my point is, imagine how amazing their home base will be!"

HUNK: "exactly, it could take on any shape, like a jelly space donut, or long lile a space eclair, or a space cheese blintz with cherry sauce on top! Maybe a little dusting of powdered sugar, those are the stars." I can see how hungry Hunk is now just thinking about it.

Y/!: "I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm hungry now."

LANCE: "Aw now I'm hungry for breakfast." I give him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder as he grasps his stomach thinking about food.

KEITH: "Guys this is a serious mission, we need to focus." I look at Keith, who's more serious than before, there's a look of fear and curiosity in his eyes. Maybe it's something about that knife he carries...

Coran starts taking us closer to what seems to be a huge star. I walk closer to Keith as I watch him clench his fists, in fear or anger. I grab hold of his hand, I see him look up at me in shock but I keep smiling, hoping to help calm his nerves. I see him relax in the corner of my eye.

HUNK: "Is that a black hole?"

CORAN: "No no no, it's two black holes and a giant blue star."

HUNK: "That's not better."

I was so focused on the large astronomical star in front of me that I forgot that we'd be going to the place my sister was from.

KEITH: "Guys quiet!" I jumped at his sudden rage, his grasp on my hand tightening, "Coran where is the base located?" with my free hand I hold onto the stick in my pocket. Keith must have felt me jump because he looks over at me apologetically, I smile weakly, the thought of my sister crowding my mind.

CORAN: "In between those three deadly objects."

PIDGE: "The perfect defensive position."

ALLURA: "Or the perfect trap." The looks of mistrust on her face is unbearable to see after all the blades have done for us.

HUNK: "Yeah I'm with Allura on this one, maybe we like shouldn't go in at all?"

KEITH: "What are you talking about? We have to go on, that's the whole reason we came out here! There is no other option!" I see the fury in his eyes, but I can see his fear and his curiosity building up behind his cover of anger.

Y/N: "It's okay, Keith, we're going in. We have to." he looks at me, his breathing slowing down.

COMPUTER: "Identify yourselves."

SHIRO: "We are paladins of Voltron, sent here by Ulaz."

COMPUTER: "Three may enter. Come unarmed."

ALLURA: "Why would they insist we come unarmed? Shiro, this doesn't feel right."

SHIRO: "We've come too far to turn back now."

CORAN: "They sent us a route to the base, but we'll have to move quickly. Because of the solar flares, it's only open for another varga. Then it'll close for two quintents."

HUNK: "They're gonna close it for two years??"

Y/N: "Two days, Hunk." 

HUNK: "Oh..."