Chapter 06: The Metkayina Clan

Italicize - someone's thoughts or a story from the past

Bold - sign language

The Sully family and Marali had traveled for what felt like days. They had gone over forests, over water, and through mountains. At one point, they had even traveled through a raging storm that made it hard for the girl to see where she was going. She tried her best to keep a positive attitude by observing the beautiful scenery.

But everyone was exhausted. Marali could hear Tuk asking Neytiri if they would be there soon every once in a while. The young girl had been growing impatient, and Marali could understand. The teen girl also wondered if they were almost there as she could feel her eyelids getting heavy.

"Marali!" A voice says, causing the girl to jump in fright. Marali looked over to see that it was Neteyam who called her name, "What?" She asked, yawning.

"You almost ran into me. Watch where you're going." Neteyam said, annoyed.

"Sorry." She shrugged her shoulders, causing the boy to scoff. As she stretched her arms, she looked ahead to see a village.

Finally. Marali thought to herself.

The village was beautiful. The Metkayina clan was separated from the rest of the sea with rock terraces, and as the family got closer, she could see the beautiful Marine life below. The water was blue and clear, showcasing the plants and animals that inhabited it. While the family flew over the rocky terrace, she could see the people curiously pointing at the group.

After all, it's not every day you see ikrans and forest people coming to sea people's land.

Following everyone else's lead, she circled the village, hearing a horn that signified there were visitors to the rest of the village. Finally, Jake pointed to a piece of land everyone could safely land on. Marali was one of the first ones to land, but she waited for everyone in the group to land before disconnecting her queue.

As Marali jumped off Tíli, she went to grab her bow before hearing Jake tell Neytiri to leave it. The girl quickly made her way over to the rest of the group, not wanting to be left behind. She saw Tuk run over to Neytiri and Jake as Lo'ak and Neteyam stood together. Looking around the ikran, she finally saw Kiri standing by herself, so that's where the girl went to stand. Kiri offered her a small smile in thanks.

Returning her attention to the sea people, she now saw a large group in front of them, consisting of warriors and villagers. Marali took a protective stance beside Kiri, feeling on edge with all the attention.

After Jake made sure everyone was off of their ikrans, he started to walk forward holding out his hands to let the people know he wasn't a threat. Marali cracked a smile when she looked over to see Neteyam doing the same.

Cute. She thought to herself.

The group continued to walk closely to Jake as he whispered, "Be nice," giving the teens a warning look. The girl to rolled her eyes. She was always nice - for the most part, unless someone was messing with someone she loved.

As time passed, more and more villagers gathered around the Omatikaya group. She could feel the stares on her and hear the whispers of curiosity. It reminded her of what it was like back home before she became a Warrior, proving that the scientists could raise a Na'vi child.

Suddenly two teenage boys came pushing through the crowd, walking toward the group. Marali saw how Neteyam and Lo'ak had brought their fingers to their forehead and down, and she instantly followed suit. The girl had to close her eyes and take a deep breath to fight the insult that so desperately wanted to leave her lips when neither of the boys returned the greeting.