Chapter 37: Home at Last

Italicize - someone's thoughts or a story from the past

Bold - sign language 

Marali and the Sully family were packing up their last few items that they were preparing to take home as they were going to be going back to the forest tomorrow. The two weeks that had been added on went agonizingly slow, which only fueled that distaste between the five teenagers who lived in the Mauri pod.

The Na'vi teens had still refused to directly speak with Spider, except for Neteyam, much to Marali's dismay. She wanted to continue to ignore the human boy for as long as possible as she was still upset and mad about what he had done and said.

However, that didn't mean that Neteyam and Marali didn't spend any time together. Any free time the two had was spent with them attached to the other's hip. Wherever Marali went, Neteyam followed, and wherever Neteyam went, Marali followed.

It was like a game of tag the two had been playing for the past two weeks.

Not only did they spend every waking moment together, but after that night slept beside each other after the argument with Spider, Neteyam and Marali also slept beside each other.

This resulted in a very pissed-off Tuk as she had still been possessive and protective of Marali since the girl woke up from her coma.

Neteyam and Marali had a date night every night, and it always went the same way. Walk along the beach and watch the sunset, go to the forest to ride on their ikrans, come back and talk for a few hours, and then drag each other home. There was also the occasional make-out session, and some were more heated than others.

The last part of date night had always been the hardest, though, as the two teens were tired from what they did before. A couple of times in those two weeks, Neteyam and Marali ended up falling asleep in the forest, which resulted in them getting scolded by Jake, only to repeat the process all over again the next day.

At first, Jake had tried to tell Neteyam and Marali that they couldn't go out every night, but when Neytiri told them they were young and they needed alone time together, he eventually gave in.

In the past two weeks, the two had grown extremely close, and if Jake and Neytiri were being honest, they were surprised that the two haven't bonded yet. No, they didn't think that they were going to fully complete the bond, but the two hadn't even talked about connecting their queues to show how serious they were about each other.

Starting the process of bonding had come across both Neteyam and Marali's minds, however, they were two afraid that the other would think that they would want to go all the way, and that wasn't what they wanted right now.

Every time one of them tried to bring it up in conversation, they would be interrupted, or they would chicken out and bring something else up.

It also didn't help that their minds would become clouded with their own insecurities.

Marali sighed as she looked over to see that Neteyam was already done packing his belongings, "How do you pack so fast?" She whined, and Neteyam looked at her with a cheeky smile.

"Because I make a list in my mind, and don't move on to the next task until I complete the one that I started," He teased, and Marali rolled her eyes as a smile made its way up to her face.

She was the last one who needed to finish packing, and the rest of the family had already left the pod to attend the going away party that was being held for them as well as the three Metkayina teens.