Chapter 34: We're Going Where?

Italicize - someone's thoughts or a story from the past

Bold - sign language 

All of the teens stared at the two parents with wide eyes, "We're what?" Lo'ak shrieked.

"We're going to have dinner with the Olo'eyktan and the Tsahik, so put something else on," Neytiri repeated, and still, none of them made any steps to move.

"Why?" Lo'ak asked.

Jake sighed at his son before speaking, "Because it's obvious that something is going on between you and Tsireya, the Chief agreed to have us all over for dinner."

"Shouldn't that be between the two who are dating and their parents?" Marali asked as she looked at them, "Because, you see, I was actually going to have dinner with my Dad tonight," She said as she quickly came up with an excuse.

Neytiri and Jake rolled their eyes at the girl, "You're going, Mara. We already asked Norm." Neytiri said.

"Son of a bitch," Marali lowly cursed and Kiri tried to stifle her laughter. "What was that?" Jake questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing! I was just saying how excited I am to be able to join this dinner," Marali sarcastically exclaimed. Both Jake and Neytiri rolled their eyes at her as Neteyam gave her hand a squeeze with a small smile on his face.

Marali looked around the pod to see that there wasn't anyone else in there, "Where's Tuk?" Marali asked.

"She's with some friends. We didn't feel that she needed to attend the dinner that we are having tonight. It's a little too grown up for her." Jake stated as he cleaned up the Mauri pod.

"Then why do I have to go?" Marali whined.

"Mara, I'm not in the mood to argue, so I'll give you two options." Jake said as he looked at the teen girl behind him, "Either you go, or no hanging out with Neteyam alone for two weeks," Jake threatened, and both of their jaws dropped.

"What do you think she's going to choose?" Kiri whisper shouted.

"I would personally choose to not go so that I didn't have to be alone with Neteyam," Lo'ak replied with a mischievous smile that only widened when he saw Neteyam turned around to glare at him.

Marali weighed her options, "Hmm, go to a dinner where I'll most likely get secondhand embarrassment, or go two weeks without Neteyam," She said as she brought her fingers up to her chin in thought. "Honestly, it's kind of a hard decision," Marali informed, and Lo'ak snorted at her response.

Neteyam looked at her in disbelief as he tugged on her arm, "What?" Marali said as she glanced at Neteyam. "Are you seriously considering the second option?" He asked, hurt.

"No, Nete. I was making you sweat a little. I'll obviously go to the dinner since it's important enough for Jake to threaten me with no alone time with you" Marali shrugged, and Neteyam let out a sigh of relief.

"But just so you know, Jake, I would have been so clingy with Neteyam for those two weeks that you would have been begging us to go hang out alone," Marali sassed as she grabbed Kiri's hand to go over to find an outfit.

Jake rolled his eyes at Marali before he mumbled, "Women," Neytiri looked at her husband with her arms crossed over her chest, "Do you want to repeat what you just said?" Neytiri asked, and Jake looked up at her and grimaced once he realized that Neytiri had heard what he said.

"Nothing," Jake said.

"That's what I thought," Neytiri said as she walked over to help the two girls pick out an outfit.