Chapter 20: Family Bonding

Italicize - someone's thoughts or a story from the past

Bold - sign language

Have you ever had to drag someone away from a fight by their ear?

No?

Well, Marali has.

After she told the Sully family what that boy had said to Tuk, Lo'ak and Neteyam stormed away in a rage to find the boy. If this were to have happened back home, she would have gladly allowed them to kick the boy's ass.

However, as they were not at home, and they hadn't fully been accepted by everyone yet, Marali unfortunately had to stop the boys. They couldn't cause any more trouble.

When she thought about the commotion that happened hours before, it brought an amused smile to her face. The boys had always been protective over their sisters, but because of Tuk's age, they felt more compelled to protect her.

"I'm going to fucking kill him." Lo'ak seethed. The younger boy stormed away with his older brother following right after him.

Marali knew that Lo'ak wasn't going to kill the boy. At least she hoped that he wouldn't kill the boy. She could never be too sure with Lo'ak though, especially when it came to his family. Everyone who was still in the pod scurried away to follow the teenage boys, who were about to do something stupid.

Of course, Marali also wanted to kick the boy's ass for hurting Tuk, but that would be an unfair fight. It would be more appropriate to scare the living daylights out of him, maybe make him piss his pants a little.

Jake and Neytiri went around both teenage girls to see if they could reach their sons to stop them.

The boys weren't too far ahead of them. However, they were walking like they were on a very important mission. "Lo'ak! Neteyam!" The parents yelled as they started to jog. Marali saw that Lo'ak and Neteyam were getting closer to a group of children, and she panicked.

She burst out into a sprint and ran past Jake and Neytiri to get to the boys quicker. When she got closer to the group of children, she could hear the anger in Lo'ak's tone.

"Which one of you skxawng's made my sister cry?" Lo'ak yelled, startling the children.

All of the kids looked at him with wide eyes and confused expressions. None of them knew what the older boy was talking about. "We didn't make your sister cry." One of them whispered. Lo'ak rolled his eyes as he didn't believe a word of what the kids were saying to him. Neteyam didn't say a word, he only listened to his brother and glared at the young Metkayina children, making them cower in fear.

Marali eventually reached the group of boys and stood between Lo'ak and Neteyam. "We promise we didn't make your sister cry!" A boy shouted as he started to cry. The girl looked around at the boys and realized that the one Tuk liked wasn't there.

"Don't lie!" Lo'ak said.

"We're not lying!" He said again as the tears started to fall.

Marali walked over to the boy and pulled him into a comforting hug as he reluctantly wrapped his arms around the girl.

"What are you doing? These boys made Tuk cry." Neteyam scolded.

She slowly pulled away from the hug and turned around to glare at the boys.

By this time, the two parents and Kiri had also joined them.