9 ⭐︎ Peach Pies. ⭐︎

It was all so quiet, so calm, and peaceful. Spencer and Johnny had to move to the RV because the adults didn't want to hog up the gas fuel with the other cars. Spencer sat in the window seat looking at Rick's car behind catching eyes with him once or twice. She was always doing that, making eye contact with people she didn't want to make eye contact with. Daddy always said she had a staring problem.

They were moving to Fort Benning. Johnny and Eli were sitting on the bed playing with cards that Spencer took from the CDC. Every time Spencer turned around to look at them, Eli would be looking at Johnny the same way Rick looked at Lori.

A loud pop came from the front of the RV and made her jump and whip her head around.

   "I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times dead in the water." Dale said walking out of the RV along with everyone behind him. Spencer walked in front of everyone and looked at all the cars while Dale and Shane semi-argued with each other. She saw a bunch of stuff in the trunk of cars, stuff that they needed. She rummaged through all of it, canned food, water, and clothes. All the necessities that were needed in this kind of situation they finally found it on the highway.

"This is a graveyard," Lori said making everyone stop in their tracks. Daryl and Spencer stopped looking through the trunks of cars, and T-Dog stopped walking off. They stopped naming stuff they needed when she said that. "I don't know how to feel about this." She said to Rick. They ignored her and kept looking.

It was stuff they needed, not like the dead was gonna use it anyway. Spencer looked around on her own, Eli used to follow her around but lately, he's been following Johnny around. She would turn around from time to time to tell him to look at what she found but he wouldn't be there. "What'd you find?" Carl asked. "Just some clothes and stuff. Nothing major." She said. She could finally tell someone what she found.

"Hey Carl, look at this knife," Spencer said picking up a fold-pocket knife and trying to do a trick with it but it didn't go so well and she dropped it. When she went to pick it up Rick came running over to them telling them to get under the cars. Carl was already under one but Sophia wasn't and she was on her own, Carl was under a car next to his dad so Spencer thought he'd be fine but she knew Sophia would be petrified on her own. So she grabbed Sophia's hand and ran back with her to the car next to Carl.

"We have to be quiet," Spencer said, Sophia reached for Spencer's hand and held it tight making Spencer's stomach feel fluttery. Spencer held her head down trying not to think about the dead people dragging their feet along the ground beside the cars.

  When Sophia thought all the walkers were gone she started to scoot her body out from under the car but one walker hadn't passed through yet and it knelt on the ground trying to get to her. Spencer held her hand tightly and scooted away from the walker. Sophia was still trying to get out from under the car but Spencer still held on to her hand and not running off without her. Sophia let go and scooted under the rail of the highway while Spencer jumped over and Sophia grabbed her hand again running with her to the woods with the walkers right on their trails.

Spencer grabbed her pocket knife with her free hand and clicked it making the blade click out. Sofia kept looking back and then she tripped making Spencer trip on her knees. Spencer pulled Sophia up and they kept running but Rick grabbed Sophia to make both of them stop. Sophia tried to grab Rick's gun out of his holster but he stopped her from regretting her actions and making all the walkers on the highway hear the gunshot and come dragging their decaying feet back.

Rick grabbed Sophia and Spencer ran beside Rick. When they reached the creek Rick told them to hide in a dirt cave until he was gone and to keep the sun on their left shoulder or to stay there and wait for him to come back. "Sophia, where are you going?" Spencer reached for her hand to make her stop from leaving and just to wait until Rick came back to get them. "I'm going back to the highway," she said and started walking off again.