13 ⭐︎ Just Dreams ⭐︎

Spencer jolted awake in a bed, that wasn't the same bed, that wasn't in the same room, and she wasn't under the same blanket. It all looked familiar, really familiar, but she couldn't remember where. It could have been many places since her real home, the one with her father and all those bad memories.

Spencer looked around and finally noticed it. The bed in the corner, the dark room, the almost black dark grey walls, the Spiderman quilt-like blanket, and the black sheets. It was his room. It was Shane's room.

She swung the quilt-like blanket off her body and looked at her leg. She was in her pajamas, a baggy Radiohead t-shirt, and some baggy sleep pants with Hey Arnold characters on them, tied around the waist so they wouldn't slip. She pulled up her left pant leg and there was no cut, she looked at her hand and there were no bandages, and no cut. There were no bandages with slight hints of blood seeping through, almost like they were never there.

Spencer's mind was going all over the place. She couldn't comprehend why she was back in her brother's room. Was all that happened a dream? Were Daryl, Rick, Carl, Sophia, Lori, Carol, those monsters, or the house on the hill even real? Had she been dreaming this whole time? It didn't seem like she was dreaming. It felt so real.

Spencer jumped out of the bed and ran to the door. She twisted the knob and walked into the hallway. "Shane? Mama?" She said looking back and forth from the way to the living room to her and her parent's room. She walked to the living room and saw Mama sitting on the couch watching her favorite show, Friends.

"Mama!" Spencer shouted jumping into her mother's arms and hugging her tightly never wanting to let go.

When she looked at her Mama's face it didn't look like her face almost like she was a different person. Spencer didn't think anything of it though.

"Hey, bug! Happy Birthday!" Her mom said with a warm smile on her face. "I made you something for breakfast."

Birthday? Spencer thought it was weird that it was her birthday. She thought the whole thing was weird. Spencer ignored it and tried to enjoy the time seeing her Mother.

"What is it?" Spencer asked. Then the warm scent of peach pie hit her nose. "Oh my god. Oh my god!" Spencer jumped up from the couch and ran to the kitchen. "You made peach pie!" Spencer jumped up and down waiting for her mom to cut her a slice of pie.

Her Mama got up from the couch, followed Spencer to the kitchen, and got a plate from the cabinet. She got a butter knife and began cutting into the pie. She placed a big piece of pie on the plate, got a fork for Spencer, and gave it to her.

"Thank you," Spencer said and ran to the couch to watch TV and eat her piece of pie.

Her mom followed her and sat beside her with a non-relaxed posture, but Spencer didn't notice.

Monica was acting weird all of a sudden but Spencer pushed it off. Monica brought an object up to her head almost like she was scratching her head, this made Spencer look over. "Mama?" She questioned.

Spencer put her plate on the coffee table and looked at her Mother. "Mom? What are you doing?" Spencer asked standing up and walking closer to her mother.

Then the words "I'm sorry, honey." Escaped her mother's mouth. Then a big bang rang in Spencer's ears.

"Mama! No! No, no, no! Please!" Spencer cried and sobbed making her chest hurt.

Then a low voice faded into her ears. Then the motion of being shook.

"Spencer. Spencer, Wake up!" A low gruff whisper-yell rang in her ears.