1

Author's note: Characters profile has been updated. 

This chapter is created by my impulse desire to write. I've been having a series of hard times in real life and in need of a release. This update might be one time only or continues to progress and even complete this book. Who knows.

I have such little time to write and almost no mood to continue my other pending books lately. Might be going to discontinue them if I continue to have no inspiration.

____________________

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

It is such a joyous night for the Jade Kingdom. Underneath the full moon, Jade people with their lanterns in hand, dressed in their finest green-coloured clothes, gather at the town hall while looking up to the castle's balcony in anticipation.

And inside the dimly lit bedroom that is joined by the said balcony, lay a woman with a swollen belly, the husband beside her and holding her hand in worry. In between her spreading legs is a midwife, encouraging the expectant mother to keep pushing.

The Empress screams as she finally lets out the last push and the sound of a baby's cry follows soon after. Even though still purplish red and extremely fragile, the baby cries with such vigour that it makes The Emperor's worry fly away, replaced by a smile that is accompanied by happy tears. A faint sound of Jade people cheering is also heard from the opened balcony, happy that a child of their beloved Emperor has been born.

The midwife passes the baby to her fellow midwife, who checks the baby's health before passing the little one to the Emperor with a smile and teary joyous eyes, "He's a healthy one, Your Majesty. Congratulations!"

...He. A son. The Emperor has a son. Finally, Jade Kingdom has an heir.

The Emperor accepts and immediately as if the little one recognizes who's holding him, the baby stops crying and gazes up with his little pair of beautiful doe eyes. The father gazes back with so much love. And from The Emperor's small observation, he is amazed and a little surprised at how beautiful the little one is. Houtu must've chosen to mould their son to resemble the love of his life. 

With the baby in his arms, The Emperor approaches his wife before placing a kiss on her sweaty forehead, "You did good, Love," and pass the little one so she can give abundant love to their son, "You did so well..."

"...Thank you..." The Empress smiles while replying faintly, still tired from labour, "...Thank you... My Emperor..."

With the baby now placed on the Empress's bosom, the royalty couple both relay their prayers to Goddess Houtu, grateful for being blessed with a son that healthy and complete physically.

But the joy seems to not reach the Jade Kingdom's shaman. Because after she sees the sight of the baby, a feeling comes and reminds her of a prophecy. This causes the old woman's eyes to widen in surprise before turning to fear as she whispers to herself, "...Destruction of our kingdom... is finally here..."

Without uttering any words, The Shaman suddenly moves forward and snatches the baby out of his mother harshly, causing the fragile little one to cry louder as the parents and midwives gasp in surprise.

The Emperor was quick to catch what was going on as soon as he sees The Shaman lift his son into the air, ready to throw the baby on the ground. The man quickly snatches his baby away from those pair of frail old hands before screaming his lungs out while pushing the old woman away from them, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!!"