16

Does anyone still waiting for this story to upload even? I am not sure anymore....

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

There was a time when I was excited about the thought of marriage. 

Although there was a hindrance, it still felt too good to be true. The thought of being tied to someone you love for eternity seemed so wonderful. It gave you excitement, as if there's more in life and it is worth to live and keep going.

Because why not? In life that is originally being walked alone, finally there will be someone who will be with you in every step. Through the best and worse, in times of sickness and health, within the poverty or wealth, all of that until the end of time when we forcefully parted by death.

A loved one, who you can intertwine your hands and become the shoulder to lean on. A living vessel to confide your sorrow and burst out joy with. Doesn't that sound wonderful?

...It still is. In my mind, it still is. If you can find the right one, the one who truly love and prioritize you above everything, it will be truly wonderful.

And I had... I met one. A man who loved and dares to put me as the first in everything. 

Even though it's not desired and not accepted.

Which is so... unfair.

It's just... Hurts. For having this fact while the sweet memory is present with it. It hurts...

But it wasn't matter. We kept going. And thus... the above decided to go against us before it's too late...

I still remember that day. It was at dusk and both of us looking at the sunset, sitting at the window sill of my bedroom with our legs dangling on the outer side. Despite having already seen this view many times, that my fingers or even strands of my hair might not even compare in how much, the view never fails to become more enchanting when you view it with a special person beside you.

With my head leans to his sturdy shoulder and a layer of thin fabric separating our heat, his hand securely holding my waist, I begin to confess how much my daydream aids the plan for our wedding, "I've been thinking... contemplating... but now that I am saying it out loud, means that I have become to be more sure... to exchange our vows at the gazebo in The Lotus Garden instead at the Houtu's Temple."

"Hm? Why is it at that gazebo?" Baihu replies and turns to look at me in wonder.

With his attention now going towards me and his gentle eyes replying to my stare, it incites a smile to form on my lips and a wonderful giddy feeling accelerating my heartbeat, "It just feels right. Aside from my room, we often spent time in that garden when we were little. We laughed, cried, and got mad at each other in that place--"

"Mad?" Baihu interferes and form a big smile on his own before chuckling in amusement, "I never. You were the one who always got mad at me. Mainly for not throwing the ball properly, or keep winning in most of the games we played--"

"Hey!" I interrupt and unconsciously pout in annoyance while also leaning away to straighten myself to directly look into Baihu's eyes, "I am not that petty!"

Baihu laughs at my counter and smiles wider, looking more playful before answering with a teasing intonation that I failed to notice, "Yes, yes. I of course will never dare to think that Our Prince is a petty--"

"Baihu!" I pout deeper and begin to sulk more, throwing my vision away from his direction and fold my hands in front of my chest.

And it seems that my sulk entertains Baihu more, inviting another laugh from him before a nudge on my shoulder tries to gain my attention, "I'm just joking. Please don't be mad."