14

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

"Your Highness, what if High Priestess Raya said we have the wrong Goddess?" Jakob worries while looking at Masahiro's stoic expression, "Because we are looking for a... You know..." he hesitates for a bit, briefly looking around while thinking for the correct word to describe and continues, "...a Goddess. But..."

The advisor's question also picks Eri's interest as it is regarding himself. And when his gaze past Masahiro to look at Jakob, he notices the blonde looks apprehensive.

They are on the way to the temple. Zhen and Royal bodyguards follow them on each side with the addition of a few servants tailing from behind.

Without stopping and continuing to look forward, Masahiro answers, "This is the correct Goddess. I am positive."

"But Your Highness," Jakob worries heighten, "The purpose is to have an heir..."

Hearing all of this, Eri can only keep his quiet while holding on to his annoyance at the topic. Not because of Jakob's apprehension since he's aware from the start that the Westerner has a huge doubt about this. But rather, to Masahiro's refusal to see the obvious of the latter's belief that is betraying the reality.

No matter how you look at it, it is impossible for 2 men to have offspring. And even if that fact is so clear, this stupid Emperor continues to push for the wrong decision. All because of a prophecy that Eri until now has no clue about.

"And an heir will come out of her womb," Masahiro replies again, with no stutter or even doubt. His hand that had been holding Eri's tightens as he briefly glances at the beautiful boy, "Fear not. God Surya is never wrong."

Well, I HOPE Surya is wrong. It is as clear as day that your God is wrong on this one. Eri's monologue in his mind while averting his gaze away from Masahiro.

After ascending the stairs and passing another 2 gates by foot, the entourage finally reached a smaller gate that showed the temple on the other side. There are 4 buildings inside the area, 3 of which are small and placed on the sides and back with a one-storey big rectangular building as the centre. All of them are decorated with red flags and talismans all around.  There's a slim tower also erected on the right side of the temple, the height is about 3 floors in comparison.

Priests stand at either side of the pathway that leads to a much older woman, probably around 80 cycle seasons of age, standing at the centre of the opened door. None bows to the Emperor, indicating that religion is considered a strong force in this Kingdom. 

One of the priests then moves forward, smiling as he greets them with palms uniting in front of his chest, "Welcome to Surya's Temple, Your Highness Sun Emperor Ra and his companions."

Everybody lowers their head including Masahiro. Even though an Emperor is not allowed to bow his head to anyone, religion is an exception. No matter how high your position is on Earth, you can never be higher than Deities and their sacred people.

But as everyone bows, Eri refuses to follow. When they all rise and expect him to follow the same, Eri continues to silently refuse and hold his head high. He will bow to no other Deities except Goddess Houtu.

His defiance pissed Masahiro, but luckily, The Emperor does not say anything and entered the temple while half-dragging Eri to follow him, knowing that the boy is silently refusing to enter. As the group follow the priest further into the yard, the group stop midway and let the Emperor and His Lady be a few steps ahead of them.

Masahiro leads Eri to the direction of the main building of the temple, stopping in front of the old woman that they call High Priestess Raya. And the moment they stand in front of the old woman, Eri gulps his surprise to see that her eyes are fully grey, with no other visible pupils left. This means the old woman has lost her sight.