8

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

It has been a couple of days after that hellish meal and Eri never met Masahiro ever since. This is because he's fallen sick and can do nothing but lie in bed.

Rather than unfortunate, It feels like a blessing. Since now that he's sick, Eri has an excuse to not meet or have meals together with the cruel Emperor and be wary.

That man, Emperor Ra Masahiro, is very cruel. the man's presence alone is just... frightening. To know how easily Masahiro swung a sword to kill, to see how stoic The Sun Emperor's face which was regretfully still so handsome despite being void of any emotion. Eri saw no pity, no hesitation, not even a glimpse of fear when blood burst and tainted the man's impeccable appearance. Seeing and experiencing it directly has successfully planted a lingering fear feeling deep inside Eri's heart. And even though hasn't met the man yet again, the fear grows and now seems to bloom more abundantly.

It is because of Eri's own knowledge that such a man is the one detaining him. The same man that had repeatedly violated him with inappropriate touches, stained him with forbidden erotic feelings. The same man claimed him without consent and disregarded his belief. It is frightening, Eri can't help to worry about what Masahiro might do in the future.

The Jade Kingdom easily falls with only a single armada from The Sun Kingdom. The war was over in less than a day. With that much power... in the palm of a vile man such as Masahiro...

Eri shudders from the thought.

And regarding Eri's health, It's no surprise, to be honest. The Jade Prince has never sailed in his life before. He even never left the Jade Kingdom in the entire 18th season of his life. So it's no wonder that his body will not be able to stand being swayed on the sea continuously for 2 days. Adding that he ate so little and sometimes throw that already little portion out, there was barely any food going into his body.

Currently, with nausea and headache that keeps on hitting, Eri that is sitting on his bed, shakes his head to refuse the bite that is being offered to him by Mai. The maid is now sitting on the side of the bed and has been the one taking care of him.

And in this span of 2 days, Eri is also getting to know Mai a little bit better and bonded quite well. The maid seems to have no ill-feeling thoughts about Eri. In fact, she's treating him very well. Because of that, despite hating the Sun Kingdom, Eri is too kind and has no heart to distress such a kind soul. Besides, Mai is just a maid and for sure got nothing to do with Jade's subjugation.

"Your Grace, you must eat," She insists while offering a spoon of porridge in front of Eri's lips, worry is apparent on her face, "I have put ginger to ease your nausea. It will help you feel better."

At first, Eri is reluctant to accept since his tummy had not been stop acting up. But minding Mai's care that feels so sincere, he obliges and finally opens his mouth to take the spoonful of porridge.

The food only managed to get into Eri's mouth. It was on its way passing his throat when his gut choose to refuse, forcing him to throw it up. He was quick to turn sideways to avoid his clothes getting dirtied but not fast enough to reach the bucket. He ended up dirtying the bed.

"Oh no! Your Grace!" Mai shrieks and puts down the bowl before rising to aide Eri.

Coughing and rubbing his mouth clean with the hem of his sleeve, Eri turns to look at Mai with guilt, "I'm sorry... I ended up dirtying the bed..."

"No need to apologize for that, My Lady!" Mai replies and rubs Eri's back, which feels to be thinner than last time, "Just focus on getting better."

And in this span of 2 days as well, Eri accepts and eventually adjusts to being addressed as a woman. Because Eri doesn't see a point to retaliate and will just endanger the captived Jade people if he kept on being stubborn. Even though a piece of dignity is being shredded by him, Eri has to let go for the sake of his people. He can't and shouldn't be selfish.