16 - Suspicions

"Y/n open the door sister..."

—————————————————

Shownu started panicking after hearing Jimin's voice. He tried getting off the bed and making his way to the closet but that was all in vein, instead he just fell to the floor with a loud thud. Jimin knocked again and spoke up with a mocking tone "Choi Y/n, open the door"

Y/N POV

I got some food which Shwonu oppa liked so much and even took one of Jungkook's banana milk stash. I smile unconsciously formed on my face thinking about the old times when he used to buy these so much. I brushed these thoughts off and made my way to my room just to see Jimin standing outside my room, calling out for me.

"Shoot!" I cursed under my breathe and ran to him. He looked at me for a while and frowned his brows.
"You were outside the whole time?"
Even though I was expecting these questions, nervousness suddenly took over me making me stutter "Y-yeah.. why?" Jimin looked at me suspiciously with a glint of mischief in his eyes. "Oh then why is the door locked? Also I heard a thud from inside and again, you just ate.." he said looking at the tray of food I was holding

This question made me forget even what my name was. I felt several knots forming in my stomach as I spoke "Oh yeah.. actually I didn't feel like eating dinner earlier but then I was watching a movie so I felt like I should eat and accidentally left the tv on and I locked the door from outside"
Jimin nodded with a smile as fake as he is to me "Then you must hav ethe keys right? Open it" he said with his smile never leaving his face for once.

I guess it's time to get on his nerves.
"Why are you so eager about it my brother?" I asked him in the same tone he called me 'sister' and raised an eyebrow.
"Just wanted to have a nice talk with my sister" he mimicked my tone and grinned at me.
"Oh dear brother, I'm in front of you. Talk to me how much you want" I grinned back but my grin compared to him seemed innocent while his was way farther than demonic.

Jimin clearly didn't like me talking back to him and I saw his knuckles turning white. Suddenly his expression changed and he chuckled at me "I'll talk to you later then, carry on with your 'Movie' " he spat the word 'Movie' like some sort of venom and walked away. As soon as he was out of my sight, I opened the door and ran inside, locking it behind me.

"Shownu oppa?" I saw him laying on the floor with a painful smile. I placed the food on the table and rushed to him, helping him up.
"I'm so sorry I was careless while having dinner.." I knew why Jimin came here and I know, he won't let this slide that easily.
"It's okay.." he flashed me a smile and ate his food.

After eating, I went to sleep as I didn't wanted to bother him much and let him rest. The next morning was simple. After giving food to Shownu oppa, I got ready and went downstairs, ready to leave for school without knowing my stepbrothers were having a serious argument.

"Jimin, stop being childish! You're coming with us and that's fixed" Jungkook snapped at his brother with an annoyed tone.
"No, I'm staying home today. I'm not feeling well" Jimin spoke up, ignoring both Taehyung's and Jungkook's death stare.
"Guys what's up?" I asked the three of them grabbing their attention.
"Y/n, he's tryna skip school" Taehyung glared at Jimin who just smiled in response.
"Oh come on, it'll be worth it" he said looking at me with a smirk. I immediately knew what he was referring to and it wasn't such a pleasant feeling. I gulped feeling the tension in his glare but Jungkook suddenly interrupted.
"Jimin hyung, understand the situation! Dad left an important thing for us to take care of"

Jimin sighed and looked at both his younger brothers with an annoyed look "Fine, but I'll return back to home immediately after that" with that he went straight to the car.
"What's up with him?" Jungkook mumbled to himself, annoyed.
"Who knows.. haha.." even though my laugh sounded fake, the guys were too immersed in Jimin to even notice how weird I acted. Taehyung patted my shoulder with a smile "Sorry for making you late to school, let's go now"
I smiled at him in response and nodded, getting into the car.

They dropped me at the care and went another way and to be honest, I was kind of glad for that. I went inside the building and saw Seonghwa waiting at the locker for me.

"Hey baby" he gave me a small hug while I returned it. "so how's Shwonu hyung doing?" He asked as he pulled away from me. I smiled at him and answered in a low tone "He's alright, but.." before I could even complete, someone came from behind me making me almost jump "But?"
I looked around to see Yeosang smiling adorably at me like he hadn't just sneaked upon me like that.

"Woah where did you come from?" I asked him while he just winked at me "Doens't matter my love, how's Shownu hyung?"
"He's okay but Jimin oppa seems suspicious of me a bit after hearing some noises from my room when I was outside getting him some food" I shrugged as I made my way towards class.
"I hate that guy nowadays" Yeosang said rolling his eyes.
"Same" Seonghwa replied while catching up with us.
"Stop.." the guys gave me a weird look for defending him but didn't comment on it.
"Anyways let's go to the class, Hongjoong must be waiting for you" with that Seonghwa started walking ahead while Yeosang lagged behind with me.
He leaned in closer to me and whispered in my ears "No kiss?"
I just laughed at him and whispered back a "No" catching up with Seonghwa.

But when we got to class, the only one there was Hyunjin.
"Where is he?" Yeosang asked Seonghwa who looked confused just as him. "I don't know, he told me he'd be here"
"Y/n ah wait here we'll go check on the boys" Yeosang told me in a serious tone while Seonghwa came up to me and pecked my forehead. "Be safe"
I nodded at him with a slight smile "okay" but before I could say anything, Yeosang came up to me and pecked my lips and left, dragging Hwa along with him.

For a moment I totally forgot the existence of Hyunjin but as soon as I remembered about him, I went to sit beside him. "Hey" he smiled widely when I took a seat. "Hi, where are the others?" I said lookimg a bit confused.
"Well most of them are in the lab, except some" he just shrugged.
"Who's that some people dating to skip Mr.Yang's class?" I chuckled at the thought of their punishment.
"One was the mullet guy and the other was our class monito" he said grabbing my attention.

"Mullet guy.." i repeated to myslef "Hongjoong? With Eric?" I asked him.
"No the girl" he replied packing his bag.
"Yeri?"
"Yeah her, shall we go to the lab? I was waiting for you to come" he said smiling at me.
I ignored the weird feeling it me and went to the lab with him but I clearly didn't expect to see Hongjoong so fast.. well not in this way anyway..

"H-hongjoong?.."

-----------------------------------------------------------
To be continued...

Well guess who's back after an eternity? Me duh. And also there might be a lot of spelling mistakes so cope with it 😍