eight

CALUM

I sat with my back against the wall, stunned. I just saw my best friend having sex with the girl I love. Well I don't love her, that's a strong word. Do I? Whatever. What a fucking stab in the back considering Luke knows how much I like Nicole. I'm praying they aren't dating and they're just friends. I'm praying they were drunk. All I wanted now was a drink.

"Calum, where'd you go?" Ashton asked still sitting on the couch where I left him. Michael sat on the arm of the couch handing out small bags with pills in them to random people.

"I went to look for Luke and get some air." I sighed and fell into the couch. I feel my face get hot. I'm so angry with Luke that he'd go after the girl he know's I love. No, not love. Shit.

"Why do you look so pissed, dude?" Michael laughed and poked my cheek jokingly. I swatted his hand away and crossed my arms.

"I'm not pissed." I groaned and sunk into the couch. Michael just nodded and stayed quiet. "I need a drink." I sighed and stood up from the couch, making my way to the kitchen. I grabbed a beer and almost gagged from the awful taste but I wanted to forget tonight.

NICK

I woke up expecting Luke's arms wrapped around me but instead I woke up alone on the couch. Before I could get up to look for Luke, I heard the stairwell door open and Luke came around the corner with two plastic bags in his hands. "Hey, you're up." Luke smiled. He wore black sunglasses even though it's grey and cloudy today.

"Where'd you go?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"I went to the little store down the street." Luke raised the bags in the air. "Got cigarettes, cereal, a new lighter, frozen waffles, and a coke." Luke smiled. "Oh, and donuts." He smirked and tossed me the bag of donuts I love so much. Luke turned around and I could see two small bottles of whiskey in his back pocket but I chose not to say anything.

"Its cold." I shivered. "Wanna go back to your apartment?" I looked up at Luke who was struggling to light his cigarette with the wind blowing out the flame each time.

"After this smoke, okay? I didn't have a cigarette all day yesterday and there's no smoking in my building." Luke exhaled with a grin. "I missed that." He smiled.

"Shit," Luke sighed at the sight of his trashed apartment. "I gotta clean this." He threw the bags on the couch and ran to the kitchen looking for trash bags.

"Look at you being all responsible." I teased as I watched him run around picking up cups and bear bottles.

"Haha, shut the fuck up. I'm trying not to get my ass beat for trashing the apartment." Luke laughed and ran to his room. The thing about Luke saying he's 'trying not to get his ass beat' is that he's actually serious. If his mom finds the apartment like this he's screwed.

"Michael, Ashton!" I heard Luke yell from his room down the hall. "Quit spooning and fucking help me."

"Hey, we weren't spooning. I like girls." Michael groaned and held his head as he walked out of Luke's room with Ash and Luke behind him. He was clearly hungover.

"Whatever you say, little spoon." Luke smirked and handed Michael a trash bag. Same with Ashton.

"Should I help?" I asked while I stood awkwardly in front of the door.

"No, no. We got it." Luke smiled at me quickly. "Where the fuck is Cal?"

Michael and Ashton looked at each other and shrugged. "He seemed really pissed last night so he drank a shit ton which is new for Calum, I'd say." Ashton explained and shoved some cups into his trash bag.