ten

(hey btw i'm sorry there's always so much dialogue)

I woke up unaware of where I was. I shot up in a panic before I saw Luke walk in the doorway. "Good morning." Luke smirked with an unlit cigarette being held by his lips. I tossed Luke the lighter sitting on his bed side table.

"Morning." I rubbed my eyes and buried my face in the pillows.

"Wanna get like coffee or something?" Luke asked from the kitchen.

"Sure." I yelled back. Sadly this meant I had to get up from Luke's extremely comfortable bed. I threw on my leggings from yesterday and one of Luke's sweatshirts he handed me.

Luke and I walked to the smallest and most adorable coffee shop I think I've ever seen. Luke continued to blow on his coffee obnoxiously trying to make it cool down faster.

"You like black coffee?" Luke asked almost disgusted.

"Yeah. It's good!" I defended my coffee.

"It's nasty, Nick." Luke laughed.

"Shut up." I laughed and threw sugar packets at him as he laughed hysterically.

"I have to go to the bathroom." Luke calmed down. "Enjoy your black coffee as you wait for me to return." He giggled again. Luke walked down a hallway in the back of the coffee shop to the bathrooms. My attention was soon taken by the tapping on the window next to me. It was Michael.

"Nick!" I could hear his muffled yells through the glass. I looked back to the hallway Luke went down and back to Michael. Luke won't be out in like two seconds so I decided to go talk to Michael.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"I was looking for Luke. Is he okay?" Michael asked. I couldn't help but think of last night on the roof. Should I tell Michael? Would Luke want me to?

"Um," I started, trying to think of the right thing to say. "He was really shook up from Calum hitting him. He was really drunk when I found him."

"Is he okay, now?"

"Yeah, I think. He seems fine to me." I answered looking through the window to see if Luke came back yet.

"Okay, good." Michael sighed reassuringly. "He really scares me when things like this happen and when he gets like this. Just make sure you keep an eye on him so he doesn't do anything stupid. I will, too. Trust me, I'm an expert at looking after him." Michael turned around to walk back down the street.

"Wait." I yelled to stop him. "What do you mean by anything stupid?"

"Nick, I think he should be the one to tell you. But I'll give you a hint. Think about why you've never seen him in short sleeves. Ever." Michael shrugged.

"He did it last night, Michael." I said quietly when Michael got closer.

"What?" He asked worried. "No."

"He tried to kill himself." I whimpered. Tears welled in my eyes and I struggled to keep them from falling.

Michael covered his mouth with his hand as he tried to think. "He hasn't done that in so long. Either of those things." He gasped. I could see his eyes start to water.

"I don't wanna lose him, Mike." I completely lost it as soon as Michael wrapped his arms around me. I could tell he was trying not to cry.

"Me neither, Nick." He sniffled. I pulled Michael into the coffee shop to stay with Luke and I. Luke came out as soon as we sat down.

"Michael?" Luke asked with a smile as he sat down. "When did you get here?"

"I was walking by and saw Nick and she asked me to come in." Michael forced a small smile to make his lie more believable. It wasn't really a lie, he just left a lot of the truth out of the story.