Part 15 // My ego?

Reader's POV:

I sat to the side thinking about how to use my sight as an acual weapon in a match. My brother can basically see the entire field, while Bachira can break through the opitition's defence, Rin is an awsome offencive player. There is also aryu has really stylish hair and awsome jumping and Tokimitsu is super strong but me... I don't know. Everyone calls me 'Neko' since I'm cat-like but... I still don't know what my ego is.

While I was staring off into space I felt a presence behind me. When I looked I saw Aryu with a hair brush. I tilted my head to the side slightly. My small action made him chuckle a bit. He started brushing my hair as I went back to zoning out again. 

After a few minutes the door opened for Rin to emerge. I waved at him but he just slightly nodded his head. 'Good enough' I thought.  As we all sat down my thoughts went to Kunigami and Chigiri as I didn't see them yet during the selection. I brushed it off for now as I went back to thinking about what my ego is.

It wasn't until I felt a light tap on my shoulder I came back to reality. I looked to who tapped my shoulder to see Rin. He told me we're all going to train but I had some school work to do. So he gave me some sheets. I started doing the sheets but I realised it was english. I was stumped on many things. I then remembered something...

FLASHBACK:

"Now Y/N, if you are stuck on a question you can come back to it m'kay?" My brother said as I had trouble with some homework. "So it doesn't matter if I finish it later..?" My voice asked as he nodded his head. "Yep, now let us look at the next one.."

END OF FLASHBACK...

As this memory came through my head I did take the advice. It wasn't until I was completely confused I chose to do the sheet later. When I put it on the table nicely stacked I went out to the others. When I got there Bachira saw me and chose to pass it to me. I kicked it away high in the air for Ayru to headbutt it into the goal.

"A stylish pass Isagi." The stylish team mate said as I grinned. I did passing exercises with the group when Ron went out to get some water. When he came back he pulled he aside and asked why I didn't finish my work.

I explained that I needed help with it as I don't understand a lot of English. He sighed for the millionth time the day and said he could help me when we finished training. I nodded my head and we both went back to training.

When the time came Ayru and Tokimitsu left. It was only Rin, Bachira and I left. The two spoke about "monsters" when Bachira-nii brought it up. I didn't listen as I kept practicing with the ball. I kicked it into the goal as Bachira came over to get me.

I took his hand as we went to leave and got dinner. When we got back to the team room I saw Rin inspecting my English work. I sat beside him waiting for any feedback on the work so far and I did. He told me that the sentence structure was off but close.

He then passed me the sheets and started helping me with my English work as it needed to be done in two days. As it got later in the night I grew tired. I told Rin that I was going to get some sleep as he nodded his head.

Rin's POV:

I nodded my head as Y/N went to bed. That small lukewarm seemed alright but still not good enough to be used to beat Sae. Sure I can admit she was getting there but... she was too lukewarm compared to Sae. "How lukewarm..." I mumbled as everyone was dialling down from the day.

I chose to do my after training routine to keep my body fit for training tomorrow. Honestly I hated the fact my mind kept going back to my brother... I hated him... No... Hate couldn't even describe what I feel towards that shithead...

Y/N's POV:

When I woke up, I saw that Rin was no where to be seen. So I then chose to attempt to finish my English work. When I did I snuck out of the team room and looked for Rin. When I did I saw he was doing some stretches for when he started training.

I then decided to join him as I mimicked what he was doing. When he noticed me he asked what I was doing up so early. I then told him this was normally the time I woke up and with that we got back to stretching.

To be honest, it was nice being around Rin when he wasn't so grumpy. He was more calm although... he still calls me "lukewarm" so I call him "mr emo" to make it fair. As some time went by the rest of our team came out and we all trained. For me it was to work on defensive tactics with Tokimitsu.

When lunchtime came around, Bachira, Ayru, Tokimitsu and I went around asking other teams if we could have match but they kept on declining. After that, we went back to training. But, I went to give Anri-chan the English work for assessment.

When she did finishes assessing them, she seemed happy with the answers. We ended up having a nice conversation. As we walked around she told me everything that happened during the selection. I was glad to know my brother was going well but I was also a bit sad to know some of my friends got locked off- or as I say kiraed.

When we got back I begun training again but Rin told me not to as he didn't want me in the way so I complied with his order and sat on the side. I wasn't sure about what he wanted me to do as I saw him get goals super easy. But then it got me thinking again. What is my ego?

I sat there asking myself again about my ego when I saw Rin shoot a goal again BUT, it was the same way I kicked it the other day. It got me thinking. Other players here see me as a cat (or neko) not just for my appearance but maybe my play style to. From what I recall Karasu-sensei telling me is that my play style is agile, slick, flexible and over all cat-like.

That's when it hit me. When I saw Rin and Bachira leaving I had to aswel so when I ran I jumped to tap Rin on the shoulder and thanked him. He seemed confused for a sect it didn't question it. When I got to the door I saw nii-san there waiting. "Nii-Chan! I figured it out!" I exclaimed happily as he smiled at me.

When Bachira-nii and Rin came out my big brother. Isagi Yoichi challenged Rin to a match. The match was a 4 V 4 as I sat out. I was super excited to see how the match went. and before I knew.

It was game on...