Wed Her to Me

CHAPTER NINE

Wed Her to Me

Robb's POV

"Move the flowers a bit more to the right, no- more... Yes, perfect. There!" I told the servant as he began to set up for my lunch with Alana. I knew that Robert would be watching from out the windows so I wanted to be sure that this gesture I was making was in fact a grand one, although I knew Alana would have preferred something much more minimal.

The view overlooked the bay and you could hear the seagulls and water as it crashed onto the stones. I checked to be sure my doublet was in place and that my belt was fastened properly. Looking into a pocket mirror that one of the maids had, I checked my hair to be sure not a curl was out of place.

Alana didn't make me nervous at all.

It was all the eyes and ears that would be watching us that made me nervous. All the spiders and spies. I had to be sure I acted as though I hadn't been in a secret relationship with her for the last two years.

Robert could never get a whiff of it or he'd banish us from being together. I had to make the best impression; my father told me himself that I had too. Even Cersei pulled me aside and told me that Robert needed to know that I was the best option for Alana and that I needed to prove it, big time.

Fighting the urge to chew my nails, I began to pace back and forth. Counting my steps as I breathed in and out. Hoping that with each breath I'd manage to not throw up all over myself. I knew that once we sat down and got passed the fake small talk and began our real conversations that all would be well.

There she was... Dressed in a gorgeous black gown that hugged onto her so perfectly I noticed she glowed different. Perhaps because we could finally show affection to one another publicly. And not have to hide how we feel for each other.

Gods, Alana is so fucking beautiful.

Breathlessly, I took her by the hand. Kissing the top of it as she blushed. I saw her blush this morning at my uncle and I swore that for as long as I live I'd be the only man to make her do so. Seeing her with him made me ill, I had to walk away and before I could make it to a chamber pot, I threw up in a flower pot instead.

"Lady Alana...' I breathed out. "You look amazing."

"As do you, Lord Stark." She gave me a soft wink of the eye as I led her toward her chair, pulling it out and allowing for her to sit and then pushing it in for her. "Such a gentleman." She added.

"For a Lady like yourself? I must be on my best behavior." I replied.

I went to pour her a glass of wine when I noticed she nearly looked sickly at the sight of it. Her face turning from bright and happy and glowing... To pale and then slowly to green. I snapped to the server boy to bring over a pitcher of fresh water with lemon sliced into it. Slowly it brought some color back to her face when I requested that.

"Is all well, my Lady?" I asked.

She nodded faintly but didn't give me much of a reply. Something was not right. There had to have been something wrong with her that she was not telling me. I could see it written in her eyes.

"Alana..." I whispered. "What is the matter?"

Alana shook her head. "N-Nothing..."

"You do not care for wine anymore?" I asked.

"An awful dream." She replied in a whisper. "When the meal arrives I will tell you about it but we need to send the servants away for it."