Back to King's Landing

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Back to King's Landing

Alana's POV

ONE MONTH LATER

Highgarden, Westeros.

"Are you packed and ready?" Jaime asked me as he adjusting his crimson doublet. "King's coronation and wedding all at once? We're going to be busy while at King's Landing, and Cersei wishes to speak with you also? Whew, I don't know what to think."

"Neither do I." I shrugged.

We just received word that Ned was going to have an official coronation ceremony and with that he would also be getting married to Cersei Lannister and announcing their official heir to the throne, which presumably would still be Joffrey. Since he is still their son no matter who says what.

Olenna had told me that there is a secret plot to get Jon on the throne as he technically would be the heir so long as Cersei and Ned admit to their sins and treason that they had done before marriage. But once they are wed then no one can say a thing. Robert is dead and everyone just loves a Stark being on the throne, so they would jut be blind to it all.

"I must ask you something, Alana." Jaime said softly.

We have not spoken much since Robb left. I blamed Jaime for going to see him and speaking with him without me being there. Jaime did not speak to Robb for anything but his own selfish reasons, to get into Robb's head and make him leave so I could crawl into bed with Jaime in hopes that I'd lay with him.

I did not do that. Never once.

"Ask." I said as I folded a blanket and packed it into a trunk for Jacerys, who was now completely Robb's twin. There was no hiding it anymore. Even Renly said I got damn lucky that Robert is dead now and that Tywin Lannister still has no come out to Highgarden to see "his" grandchild.

"Do you plan to stay in King's Landing if all goes well with Ned and Cersei? If things go well with... With-"

"Robb." I rolled my eyes. "Don't be shy, you can say his name. I may have cursed his name but his name itself is not a curse."

Jaime smirked and then breathed out, "This will be the last time we share a room together, won't it?"

I nodded. "I assume after the wedding you will return to Casterly Rock?"

Jaime looked at me with eyes of sorrow. Pain. Suffering. Sadness. "I love you; you know that... Don't you?"

"Not now." I grunted and rolled my eyes. "You know how I feel. You know that not one bit of this is easy to explain and I-"

"You don't love me, I understand that. You love Robb Stark but correct me if I'm wrong here, you can still accept the fact I love you and not love me back. So just accept my love. Tell me you understand how I feel about you even if the feeling is not mutual."

"I understand." I packed more things into the trunk that belonged to myself and Jacerys. Punching the fabrics down and releasing a bit of rage that I had built up inside of me. "But what I do not understand is why you had to go to Robb? I waited for him all night- ALL NIGHT! And you knew what you did. You knew he left. He didn't even say goodbye. Not to me. Not to his son."

"I didn't think-"

"Exactly." I slammed the trunk shut. "You did not think."

"Alana, please!" Jaime begged. I hated when he begged. He looked so pathetic beneath me on his knees, clasping his hands together as though in prayer while he looks up at me with those green lion-like eyes. "All I did was tell him to do what was right! Perhaps this was it. He needed to leave and speak with his father and Cersei himself, to explain it all. Did you ever think about that?"