First of His Name

CHAPTER TWENTY

First of His Name

Cersei's POV

King's Landing, Westeros

My boy... My eldest boy was off in the distance somewhere and out of my grasp. I had to keep my composure at every small council meeting when his name was brought up. My back was as stiff as a stone wall to not show any bit of concern for the boy, although my insides were dying at the never knowing feeling.

Jon could be anywhere and I blame that Gods damned Robb Stark for filling his head with the idea of running away. Robb was angry with Robert for allowing Jaime to take Alana as his wife and as angry as I wanted to be about my brother being wed to that girl, I could not find myself to be angry.

I sat perfectly still at the head of Robert's high table. Listening carefully as they tried to piece together where the boys could have gone off too. My eyes shifted and looked about at all the faces sitting at each seat. My beloved Ned, sitting aside his Lady wife as she cried and sobbed, a napkin in her hand wiping her eyes as the tears poured down her red and blotchy cheeks.

What a sight. The man I love having to pretend that he cares for his wife as she cries over her two missing boys. Although her concern was higher for Jon and that made me wanted to scoff at her. But I kept myself composed and did not say a word.

Stannis finally joined us and sat there unamused as Lady Catelyn cried out for the boys. Begging for them to be found and not killed for running away.

"They're just boys!" She cried loudly as her face grew redder by each passing moment. Ned tried to comfort her by placing a hand onto her shoulder but she shrugged him off as she sobbed again into the napkin.

Robert shook his head and slammed his fist onto the table. "They're boys who stole horses from the royal stables and took off with two dire wolves! Swords and armor are missing! They're a danger to the realm!"

Stannis laughed at his brother, setting Robert off more. To which I had to sip from my wine as to not let it show that I found this entertaining. My own father sitting just a few seats away from me. Shooting me a glare because he knew what upsetting Robert would entail for me.

"What is so funny to you, brother?" Robert sneered.

"The boys have been gone for what? Months? No word of them from anywhere? Someone in this Kingdom is lying and I can tell you exactly which Lords and Ladies are lying." Stannis continued laughing as Robert raised a brow to him. "You really have not thought it through, have you brother?"

Robert stayed silent.

Myrcella was bearing cups, going about each seat at the table and filling cups with either wine or water. Whichever was requested upon her to bring. This used to be Alana's job when she was a girl and even before Robert began the obsession of having her wed off to the highest bidder.

My sweet daughter approached me to fill my cup when I covered the cup with my hand and whispered to her softly. "Send a raven to you know who. You know what to say, don't you?"

Myrcella nodded. "Yes mother."

She placed the pitched back onto the small table that was by the wall a few paces away from where I was seated. Robert rolled his eyes as Myrcella left the room and Joffrey entered in after her.

He picked up where she had left off and Robert was angered by this.

"What are you doing, Joff? Are you a girl? Have you got a cunt between your legs instead of a cock? I know your hair is long and flowy like a bitch's hair but Gods be good, you're a fucking man! Go out and swing a sword instead of filling cups!" Robert seethed at him.