It's a...

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

It's a...

4 MOONS LATER...

Alana's POV

Eyes blue like Robb's and hair dark like mine with a little curl on the top. I was already captivated and in love with the little bundle of joy that was wrapped in my arms. There was no better feeling than looking down at someone you created out of true love. A little piece of me and a little piece of Robb all mixed into one.

It had been one moon since I'd given birth, Margaery also gave birth just a moon before me. She welcomed a little boy that she and Renly named Edric Baratheon. A nephew for me to love on and hold a piece of my brother who I love so dearly and Margaery, who during this time has become the greatest sister, I am truly blessed by the Gods to have her in my life.

Renly and I were always so close and now our children would be just as close, maybe even closer. Renly had also came here just in time to see his son be born and I had never seen Renly look at anyone with so much love before. Margaery knew that although she was mother, that she really had birthed a child for Renly and Loras, and she was okay with that, she had come to terms with it and knew that even though it wasn't an ideal family and wasn't the perfect portrait of what a family should be that it still made a lot more sense than the Targaryen family most of the time.

I handed the babe to the wet nurse and allowed for the maid to do my hair and dress me today. I had spent most of the time fighting the wet nurses, telling them I'd rather feed my child myself but I knew today was an important day, Lady Olenna says there we visitors coming and I'd be in meetings most of the day.

Jaime came into the room and kissed the baby on the head before the wet nurse swiftly went away. He sat on the bed and watched as I got my hair done and I smiled at him and blushed.

"You look delightful." Jaime purred as he ran his hand through his golden locks. "Not that you didn't before it's just... Nice to see you back to yourself."

"As though I haven't been?" I chuckled slightly. "I think Highgarden has helped me find myself. As did you... My Lord." I winked with a grin on my face.

"Your Lord husband." He added with a grin before rising to his feet. "I have to get to the gates to welcome our guests. Lady Olenna wishes to meet you in the garden for tea while our guests get settled. We shall join you at dinner time," He kissed my forehead gently. "I will see you soon beautiful."

"Thank you, my Lord." I replied with a smile.

I have no fallen for Jaime at all, no- that's not the case. We have to keep up the image of being ever so in love in front of everyone here unless we are completely alone, aside from being around Margaery or Lady Olenna. Even around Renly we must pretend to be in love in case Robert questions him. But I took the liberties of telling my brother, Renly, in private away from everyone the truth.

Renly and I are very much the same. We both have to be with someone just as a cover up for who we really love and who we really wish to be with. It's like drinking poison from the same vine. We've both had to suffer due to Robert and this damn realm.

Jaime left the room gracefully and I finished with my maids. I asked them who the guests were that we would be attending too and they all said they were under the strict orders of Lady Olenna to not say a word to me about it.

-

"And then I told that fat head son of mine- Oh, I'm sorry Alana, please pardon my manners." Lady Olenna said with a cup of tea in her hands as he dropped a lemon slice into the cup. "Sometimes I forget to act a Lady-"