Epilogue

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Epilogue

Alana's POV

10 years later...

The sound of swords cutting through the cool air of Winterfell filled my ears as I stood on the balcony looking down below to the courtyard where Jace was training with Brandon and Joffrey. The two had decided to come with us to the North when we took rule over it.

I didn't expect any of Robb's siblings to come with us. Not a single one of them. Jon of course had to stay as he is Ned's heir to the Iron Throne. Which he has prepared very well for. Although I don't see Jon sitting the throne at any time soon. In fact, Ned and Cersei have been living so lavish that they've recently spent a few months in Dorne just to indulge and enjoy themselves.

Joffrey clapped loudly and laughed with so much ease and joy as Jace finally hit the target and took the head of it clean off. Brandon lifted Jace with ease onto is shoulder and parading him around the courtyard.

"Mommy! Mommy!" I heard running toward me, my sweet little girl clutched onto my leg and lifted her arms for me to lift her into my own arms. Robb trailed behind the young child, only four years of age as she nestled herself onto my hip and rested her head on my shoulder.

I turned to Robb and smiled. "Little Princess Maya Stark... What a brat she is." She poked her on the nose and she giggled loudly. Her auburn curls tickling my face in the wind. But her bright hazel eyes gleamed back at her father.

"Jace is doing wonderful." I told him proudly. "Of course he'd do much more if each time he achieved something the boys didn't parade him all over the castle."

Robb laughed and shook his head. "And how are you?"

I breathed out and nodded. "Happy."

He handed a letter to me, he had broken the seal of course, but when I unfolded it I smiled at the words. "Renly and his family are coming to visit. Oh it's been too long since I've seen my brother and Lady Margaery. Surely Edric must be as tall as the rest of the Baratheon boys now. Loras must have his hands full with training him in the yard."

A chuckle escaped Robb. "That's because Loras is the only one there who knows how to use a word properly. At least here, Joffrey and Brandon learned a thing or two from our Lord Commander of the King's Guard."

"Right they did. Now our son learns from the boys and from him too." I looked down to see Ser Jaime Lannister entering the courtyard, a tired smile on his face as he looked up to me and waved.

I will always have love for Jaime. He saved me when I didn't know I needed to be saved. If not for Jaime I would have been hung or put to the sword by my demon of a brother. I would have died nearly 11 years ago. I wouldn't be Queen in the North. I wouldn't have two beautiful children with Robb.

I wouldn't have Robb either.

Each day that has passed by I do not even miss Robert. In fact, each day I remember he's dead is a day I can rest easier and breathe effortlessly. A few years back, Cersei and I had the exact same conversation with one another about that.

"I awake in the morning sometimes and fear that perhaps it was all a day. That I made some mistake by falling asleep in bed with Ned and that Robert will storm in and kill us all. That my children will be put to the sword or banished to the wall and silent sisters just because they exist. But because of you and Robb... Because of your love, I can be with Ned. Being queen was never what I wanted because so long as I have Ned, I would live in a cave. Just to be with him. Surely you feel the same about Robb."

Cersei was right. Because that's exactly how I feel. Even now after all these years. I look at him and still get filled with excitement. His smile still makes me want to climb onto him and ride him day and night.

And again I say... I have Ser Jaime to thank for that.

When Maya was first born her eyes took more green from the hazel that she had. A stable boy spread a nasty rumor that she belonged to Ser Jaime, which wouldn't have been more of a lie. I mean, for fuck's sake, the girl has auburn curls and Robb's exact face minus the eyes. My children look nothing like me, they are both clones of Robb.

Jaime had heard the rumor and without even saying a word to Robb or myself he beat the boy bloody and then brought him forth to repeat what he had said. He accused the Princess of being a bastard child and had said, "We all know Jacerys was a born a bastard and legitimized by King Eddard. We've heard of your past, Lady Alana-"

"Queen Alana is her name you insolate fool." Jaime held the boy by the throat and his eyes shot fire at him.

Robb had jumped to his feet with his sword in his hand. Ready to execute the boy himself when Jaime had grinned and hissed at the boy. "Any last words?"

Silence filled the room as the boy choked.

"Whore."

Jaime snapped his neck with one hand. Crushing the bones and his esophagus in less than a minute's time. Robb took a step back and looked around the room slowly. Other Lords of the North who were visiting us at the time to celebrate the birth of our daughter sat in silence.

Until Robb clapped loud and slow, picking up the pace until soon all the Lords came to their feet and cheered for the Kingslayer who now, would do anything to protect his king, queen, and their children.

I waved kindly to Ser Jaime as he nodded to me and then picked up a sword and placed it into Jace's hands. Holding his hands and wrists to show him how to properly hold it. Joffrey leaned against a barrel and then Brandon kicked it from behind.

The two boys playfully fighting as throwing mud at each other until Ser Jaime shouted at them, putting them right back into place.

"You both are too old to be acting like teenagers!"

Robb and I both laughed loudly to the point Maya decided to mock our laughter. Something she did far too often.

"Mommy, can I go see my auntie... Please?" She begged me as I lowered her down to the ground. She ran down the steps and to the courtyard where a beautiful woman sat knitting a blanket.

Ser Jaime had wed a beautiful woman from the village by the name of Elaina. She was fair featured with flaming red hair and crystal blue eyes. Skin as white as the northern snow and a beauty mark above her lip that looked like it had been drawn on perfectly.

Maya and Jacerys had falling so in love with the woman that we decided to allow them to call her their Aunt. She showers them in so much love and adoration that I couldn't imagine my children's lives without her in it.

And she keeps Jaime the happiest he has ever been.

Although they have not had any children... I believe mine fill that void for them. 

Robb placed his arms around me and pulled me close to him, kissing my cheek and then my neck. I tossed my head gently onto his shoulder and breathed out in nothing but complete and utter sanctuary and solitude.

"I love the life we built together, my King husband." Not once did I take my eyes off of the scene down below. My children with Ser Jaime and his wife. My brothers by law running amuck like lunatics who had far too much sugar. And the fact that this is my home.

A place I'd never imagine living my life forever in.

I always fucking hated King's Landing.

But thankfully I will never have to return there. Ned told us that when he dies he wishes to have a funeral in Winterfell. To be buried in the crypts here. Cersei said she wants the same. To spend eternity with her husband in the one true place he called home.

I will never have to go back to the hell that was King's Landing. I have all I need here. Robb. My children. Jaime. All I need.