two. their destiny

002

002.    their destiny

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

"THEODORA."

The girl was tossing and turning in her sleep as she attempted to ignore the calling of her name.

"Theodora."

A loud groan was heard from her as she finally sat up from her bed, giving into the voice, once again. This voice has been keeping her awake for the past two fucking years and now, she really just wanted to sleep peacefully.

"Teddy?"

The voice of Merlin was heard as he had heard her groan from his own room. And he was awoke from the voice and he was wondering if she was as well.

"Do you hear it to? Is that why you're unable to sleep?" He asked, going straight to the point as Teddy grabbed her jacket, sliding it on her.

She nodded. "This voice is really beginning to test my patience. Imagine not being able to sleep for three years because of some weird person's voice?"

A small chuckle escaped Merlin's mouth as he held out a hand for her. "What is it?"

She took his hand as he helped her up the step. "Wanna go find out?" Teddy smirked.

Merlin nodded, after the two had successfully sneaked past sleeping Gaius, it was now time to go sneak past the guards as the voice was calling them from that direction.

They had two guards were rolling a dice and one of the guards had dropped them onto the table. Teddy had an idea. Her eyes glowed a shade of red as the dice flew off the table. The guards, stood up to collect it but it went further, and further, and further, until the two were out of sight.

The sorcerers ran down the stairs. Merlin grabbing an unlit torch, lighting it with a lit one as the two walked side by side down the stairs. As they got to the bottom as the stairs, they saw a corner that lead to a large cavern.

Carefully, Merlin and Teddy stood by the edge of the cliff that ended the path. And that's when they heard a deep chuckle, that echoed off the wall's of the cavern.

"Where are you?!" Merlin called out.

Suddenly, a large dragon flew down, landing on the large rock in front of the two. "I'm here." It announced.

"How small you both are, for such a great destiny."

Teddy and Merlin shared a look before facing back to The Dragon.

"What are you talking about?" Teddy questioned.

"What destiny?" Merlin added on.

The Dragon laid down onto the rock. "Your gifts, Merlin and Theodora, were given to you for a reason."