eight. wake up you dickhead

008

008.    wake up you dickhead

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

MERLIN HAD BEGAN TO MUMBLE IN HIS SLEEP, again, trying to warn Arthur of the oncoming dangers as the Prince of Camelot and Nimueh were in the cave. The powerful sorceress leading Arthur deep into the cave.

Gwen reached forwards, checking his temperature. "His fever's getting worse, isn't it?"

Gaius could only nod towards the handmaiden as he could not bare to say the words out loud yet. But as for Teddy, she looked sorrowfully at the young boy bellow her, sweating and crying out for Arthur. "The poison's setting in." She confirmed.

It was only a second before Merlin began to chant again, Gwen shaking her head in worry. Teddy and Gaius shared a looked before the young sorceress began to dap the cloth on his forehead again to shush him.

Gaius looked up at the handmaiden. "Gwen, would you fetch me some more wolfbane?"

"Yes, of course." Gwen rose from her chair, hurrying out of the room.

Making sure that Gwen was out of the room, Gaius brushed a strand of his hair away from his forehead. "Merlin, you must fight it." The old man whispered to his ward.

But Merlin couldn't. As he was fight not one, but two battles at the same time.

Merlin tossed and turned around, the sweat pouring across his face as he mumbled, "Arthur... it's too dark, too dark."

"What can he see?" Teddy asked her master.

"Most likely, Arthur," Gaius replied but then he had a thought. He looked between the two sorcerers before he faced his apprentice again. "Why don't you try and feel it?"

Teddy scoffed, thinking that the old man was joking. "This is not a time for jokes, Gaius."

"I'm not joking, Theodora," He said. And Teddy knew that Gaius was being serious, he only called her by her full name when he was serious. "I know that you're able to connect with ones mind and emotions. And it seems Merlin's mind is somewhere else."

Looking from Gaius to Merlin, Teddy drew out a long breath. "I'll try."

Teddy placed her hands above Merlin's head before she closed her eyes, focusing. A dark void came over her eyesight as she concentrated even harder and that's when she felt it. She could feel what Merlin was seeing.

Arthur was in distress. She wasn't quite sure how or why he was in distress but for certain he was in a panicked state. And she felt a presence lingering. But it had no emotion to them anymore, making the most likely solution is that they had left.

Suddenly, Merlin began to chant again. But this time, Teddy joined in with him, their words spoken together in sync as Gaius watched, wide eyed. A light also began to emerge from under Merlin's blanket. Concerned, Gaius removed the blanket and found a small orb of light in the boys hand. "What are you doing?"