thirteen. sophia

013

013.    sophia

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

SOMETIMES, THE YOUNG EMPATH WONDERED if Gaius was sending her on a wild goose chase to find herbs that she could never find. Some of the time, it was impossible. Or maybe it was because some of the herbs he sent her to get weren't real, and he wanted to have some time alone to himself.

Teddy would understand that. I mean, living with two sorcerers wasn't exactly ideal for the old man. But even so, it was comforting to have company even if the company was two warlocks.

Merlin had gone out hunting with Arthur, and she hoped not to see them in the woods today. She wasn't really planning on getting an arrow buried in her skull because they thought she was a deer.

She didn't really fancy that today.

But a piercing shriek echoed throughout the woods, which made Teddy jump up from where she was sat and rush through the woods.

It seemed like Arthur and Merlin had beat her to it.

Upon her arrival, she saw a man and a young girl. She looked to be a couple years younger than her and had light brown hair that was concealed by her gold cloak. The girl smiled with a grateful nod before turning to the older man besides her.

"And let that be a lesson to you!" Merlin yelled at the man retreating, Arthur looking back at his servant with an eye roll.

Teddy rolled her eyes as she made her way over to the two men but Arthur had stepped forwards towards the two victims and waited for his servants to join him.

"Are you all right? They didn't hurt you?" The Prince asked the two.

The girl turned to him and shook her head, "No. Thanks to you." She removed her hood, parts of her hair were twisted into braids. A small beaded crown rested over her hair that dipped into her forehead.

"I'm Sophia, this is my father," She introduced them, looking back at her father.

Arthur seemed dumbfounded by her blue eyes, "Arthur Pendragon, at your service." He bend down to kiss the back of her hand.

The Prince and his servants returned to Camelot with the two people he had rescued from the woods and took them straight to his father.

"My name is Alfric. Heir to Ti'amor, this is my daughter, Sophia." The man introduced to the King.

"You're a long way from home," Uther noted. "What brings you to Camelot?"

"Our home was sacked by raider," Said Aulfric. "We barely escaped with what few possessions we could carry."

The King nodded, "Yes. These are dangerous times. What will you do?" 

"We travel west to Caerlon where we have family and I hope, a new life."