ten. the griffin

010

010.    the griffin

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

IN THE EVENTS OF THE GRIFFIN attacking a nearby village a couple days ago, Arthur had been training his Knights, preparing them for the beast to attack Camelot. Arthur had moved Lancelot's test forwards as well, the man would be fighting Arthur that day.

"Well, here we are," Arthur spoke as everyone gathered to watched. "Your final challenge."

Teddy had just joined Merlin, Gwen and Estella by the sides and noticed that Gwen wouldn't take her eyes of Lancelot and noticed that Estella and Merlin wouldn't take their eyes of each other.

The two began to circle each other as the Prince continued, "Succeed, and you join the elite. Fail, and your journey ends here," He face his opponent, standing tall. "Lancelot, fifth son of Lord Eldred of Northumbria... you time starts now." He spoke as the man flipped the hourglass timer around.

Both Arthur and Lancelot placed their helmets on as the crowed began to clap, eager to watch the brawl. Arthur approached Lancelot, swinging his sword as Lancelot drew his out. Soon enough they began to fight. Lancelot getting the upper hand and slammed his sword onto Arthur's helmet.

Teddy, Merlin and Gwen grinned as they watched but their grins soon flatlined as Arthur knocked Lancelot's helmet off, causing the man to fall to the ground. The men applauded for him. "Shame." The blonde looked down at him.

Arthur went to take Lancelot's ribbon but the man shot upwards and knocked the Prince to the ground with his sword to the Prince's throat. "Do you submit, sire?" He asked as Arthur stared up at the man in shock.

Estella and Teddy cheered for the man. "Go, Lancelot!"

Guards came to hold Lancelot and drag him off Arthur as he stood up with an angry look. "On your knees!" He ordered as the guards shoved the man down as the four by the side shared a look with each other.

He pointed the blade to Lancelot's chest.

The same action Uther did later that day.

The King tapped the sword on each of his shoulders. "Arise, Sir Lancelot, Knight of Camelot."

The room roared with applause as Merlin nudged Teddy with a smile on his face. "I told you it'll all work out."

Rolling her eyes, she slapped his arm. "Whatever. Go fawn over Arthur." And with that, the apprentice walked over to Gwen, Morgana and Estella, who'd all been staring at Lancelot. Gwen with admiration, Morgana with curiosity and Estella with proudness.

"Who is this man?" Morgana asked . "He seems to have come out of nowhere."

"I know. He's been a bit of a shock to us all." Her handmaiden replied, looking at Lancelot with a small smile.