11.Dating Do's

Falling // Harry Styles

I straighten my collar and smooth down my hair before knocking on her hotel door. I dressed up for her. I've got on a charcoal grey button down shirt and well-fitting black jeans, both purchased new today. I even shined my Vans. Wiped the dirt right off the trim and everything. I put effort into this date, and I hope she notices.

Char answers a few seconds after I knock, pulling the door open to reveal an absolute knock out. One look at her and I know the woman put in a shit-ton of effort

"Wow. You look amazing." I let my gaze sweep down her body, which is on display in a deep green bodycon dress. She's got wedge sandals paired with it, making her calves look killer. My eyes return to her neck. Her collar bone accentuated by a thin gold chain with a tiny diamond winking back at me from the hotel lighting.

I'm reminded not to wink at Char tonight. Thanks, little diamond. The diamond winks in response.

"Thank you," she says and my eyes zero in on her mouth.

She's got that fucking hot red lipstick on again. I can picture that lipstick spread on other parts of my body. I shut that shit down, though. Can't start the date with a boner already.

"Ready to go?" I offer my arm. Char wraps her hand gently around it.

"I guess so."

"You don't sound very sure."

She shrugs.

We get to the elevator and I pull my arm away from her to slip a hand on the small of her back, guide her inside. I sense a shiver down her spine.

"You cold?"

Char inhales. "No."

The ride down to the lobby is filled with tense silence, just the two of us in the elevator the entire time. Is she having second thoughts? I start to speak when the elevator doors open, and Char doesn't hesitate to step out. My hand once again finds the small of her back. I lead her through the lobby and out the front doors where I have a car waiting for us. I open the passenger door and take her hand as she slides inside.

"Where did this come from?" she asks as I climb in the driver's seat.

"I made a call."

"And got a car?"

"And got a car." An Audi to be precise. Nice car. Wish I had one.

"Hmm."

I already have the route memorized so I pull away from the hotel and get on the road.

"Where are we going? Do you even know where anything is in this town?"

"Nothing Google can't fix." I say. "And you'll see when we get there." I pull onto a highway heading south, hoping she likes where we're going. I thought about a few different stops but when I searched up the spot we're headed, it seemed to include everything we could possibly want to do. Why make multiple stops when it's all in one place?

"How did your phone calls go? Did you get everything set up for Brianna's media stops?"

I sense Char giving me a long, contemplative look before answering me. I keep my eyes on the road after giving in for a quick glance.

"It went fine. Everything's set."

"Good. I'm glad you had a productive day."

Another long, charged silence.

"Okay, what did you do with the goofball? Who is this serious business guy driving the car?" she asks.

"Still me. I can be serious."