21.Homesick Vibes

How's It Going To Be // Third Eye Blind

The next morning, I wake up to a boatload of texts from Ryan. I laugh my ass off when I open them up.

Ryan: WTF!

Ryan: Are u fucking kidding me?

Ryan: Why am I tagged in like 100 tweets?

Ryan: What did you do?

I type out a reply knowing I'm opening Pandora's box. But totally worth it.

Me: Don't come at me. I had nothing to do with it.

Ryan: This Emily chick is up my ass. I woke up to her all up in my dms.

Ryan: If I answer her, she's gonna blast the screenshots all over social media.

Me: so don't answer.

Ryan: I'll get cancelled for that too!

Me: rock stars smh

Ryan: FU asshole. I'll remember this.

Me: here's what you can remember. I said nothing to her. Gave her no inside info or dirt. Kept my mouth shut. So she went around me. Girl is like life, she uh, she... found a way. *jeff goldblum accent*

Ryan: Fine. Maybe I can pawn her off to Jace. The kid needs to get some. He's cranky lately.

Me: leave him alone.

Ryan: sure, sure. I'll get right on that.

I'm fully awake with more than a few hours before today's call time on set, so I decide to handle some business back home.

I mean, back on the tour. Shit, how did that silver bullet start to feel more like home than my actual home?

Me: I'm checking in. How are things with her? Is he leaving her alone?

I don't bother mentioning Curt by name. Clinton will know who I'm talking about.

Clinton: no sign of him since I escorted him off premises. Court date for the guys is next month. Not sure if Char has one set yet, but I'll be with her when she goes.

I breathe a sigh of relief knowing she'll be in good hands with Clinton. We realized I wouldn't be able to go to the hearing with her for support when I got the movie. Plus, that would draw the wrong attention to her, being linked with me. Neither of us want to give Curt any reason to drag this out.

Me: Thanks.

Clinton: She's family now. We take care of our own around here.

I smile reading the text.

Me: yeah we do.

With call time looming, I focus on getting ready and eating breakfast. I'll have plenty of time sitting around on set waiting for everything to be in place before shooting to send more texts. Vowing to myself to keep contact with everyone as soon as I have a chance, I put the phone down.

***

Char: I miss you.

Her text waits for me when I get back to my trailer after visiting wardrobe for the day. I sit on the pleather couch and send my reply.

Me: I miss you, too. So much baby.

Before I put the phone back down the motion of three little dots catches my attention. She's already responding.

Char: is day 2 smoother than day 1?

Me: I'm definitely getting the hang of it. So much waiting around.