one. |

DALAYAH JACKSONDetroit , Michigan | Family Reunion ••1:32 PM •• Balduck Park

DALAYAH JACKSON
Detroit , Michigan | Family Reunion ••
1:32 PM •• Balduck Park

" Girl you always acting so damn anti social around the damn family."  I heard my mama yapping PER USUAL. That's all I heard when we came around these people. I didn't too much care either , she knew I didn't mess with the family.

And it wasn't cause they didn't like me or it was beef. I simply just strayed away from them growing up.  I was more so connected to my daddy side of the family. And he was all the way in Atlanta.

" Mama you know I don't have no type bond with these people." I stated as I sat in the lawn chair in the open park. There was so many people here. We had family from fucking everywhere so it was hard to know who was actually who.

" Girl Boo ! You don't act like that wit Dynel side of the family." She said rolling her eyes as she called my daddy by his government. Laughing to myself I shook my head and crossed my leg over the other.

" Yea cause Dynel family is where I feel comfortable." I responded looking up at her as she stood in front of me with a plate of barbecue in her hands.

" They coo , but they ain't my people's." She said shrugging her shoulder and waving me off at she walked off and back over to my aunt.

I know , I know why so stand off-ish ? There's genuinely no reason behind it like I said before. Growing up I just spent more time with my fathers family.

They both were separated since I was younger. I spent 5 years with my mama , she went to Marines so I went to stay with my daddy in Atlanta. By the time I was 12 , she was retiring and coming home.

I had missed being around my mama and just having her energy around. The choice was to stay in Atlanta with my dad and step mom...or go home to Detroit with my mama.

Of course I chose Detroit. Nothing was wrong with Atlanta...I just missed my mom. So when I came back , I hadn't realized how much I had adapted to Atlanta , my cousins , my daddy , and etc... So when I finally came here everything just felt different.

It wasn't a bad different , but a different that would take me a LONG as time of getting use to. I went to middle school , and high school here. So it wasn't like I was just a clueless lol' heffa running around Detroit.

A FEW people actually knew me , it just my family who I wasn't too close with.

I'm in school now to be a esthetician and a nurse so I'm fully booked up. Not to mention I was starting my own esthetician business while finishing up school. So my " fully" booked would soon turn into " COMPLETELY BOOKED UP."

The music was going , food was cooking , the sun was out. It was real real nice out , they always picked the best days for the family reunion. And always the same park.