Chapter 9- Love ?!

(This chapter is in Jacobs pov)

After practice I walked over to Scarlett and gave her a hug.

"Do you want your hoodie back?" She looks at me. Her eyes filling with innocence.

"No, no its fine. keep it for a bit."

"Ok thanks." She gave me a slight smile and broke our eye contact.

"Come on."

"Where are we going?"

"Your going to meet the team!" I offered her my hand so I could help her off the bench. When we walked over to the team, I could see some of the guys staring at her. Their eyes filling with lust. Is it a bad thing that I'm jealous? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know.

"Guys, I want you all to meet my friend; Scarlett." I introduced them to her.

"Hi." She looked at the team before her eyes darted towards the floor.

"You ok, Scar?" I stepped in front of her, blocking her view of the team.

"I'm fine, just a bit cold." She laughed awkwardly, not breaking eye contact. She's obviously lying.

"That's good, I'll walk you home." We waved bye to the team then headed towards the exit of the grounds. On the way to her house, we talked about random things about both of our lives- mainly hers though. When we got to her house I wanted to make sure she was ok. So, like the worrier I am, I asked her again. "Are you sure your ok?"

"Yes I'm sure, you don't to worry about me all the time you know." She stepped inside and gave me a reassuring glance.

"I know that but I just wanted to make sure your ok, because you looked quite uncomfortable when you met the team."

"We'll I'm fine, thank you though. I appreciate it. Do you want to come inside?"

"I would but I think I'm gonna go home and have a shower, sorry."

"It's fine, maybe next time Jay!"

"Ok, bye love!" Fuck. What did I just do? Why did I say that?

"Bye Jay..." She looked really confused. Shit shit shit. I gave her a smile then walked away as fast as I could. Regret filled my body. What if I've ruined our friendship?

On the way home, I kept telling myself to forget about it. I waited for her to text me first. And I waited for ages. Has she blocked me? Does she not like me? Is she ignoring me? Great. I started to overthink it until my mom shouted me down for tea. "Jacob we're dishing up tea, come down and do drinks."

"Coming." I responded before putting my phone on my bed side table. Looking down at my hands, I walked out the room and closed the door behind me...