Chapter 2

(Multiple Years Ago)

A woman in white cloak is reading a story book to her two young daughters in their bedroom. The yellow-haired one was already asleep in her bed. The younger, black-haired one was in her bed, still listening to her mother's reading, her eyes widening in amazement at the story.

White-Cloaked Woman: "And in the shadows, absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life. The End."

Black hair: "Wow! That was so cool!"

Her mother giggles at her daughter's excitement.

White-Cloaked Woman: "Well, Huntsmen and Huntresses protect humanity from all the monsters and evils of this world. That's what makes them heroes."

Her daughter becomes fascinated by her mother's remark. The woman looks at the window, realizing how dark it's getting before closing the book much to her daughter's disappointment.

White-Cloaked Woman: "Goodnight, Ruby."

Ruby: "Night, mom."

As the woman stands up from her seat, she kisses her on the head and doing the same to her other daughter, Yang. Ruby goes to bed as she puts her blanket over her. The woman heads to the door before taking one last look at her two daughters. She begins to whisper to herself.

White-Cloaked Woman: "I love you both..."

She then closes the bedroom door as she exhales. After a moment of silence, she heads down to the kitchen where she's met with her teammates, all dressed in casual clothes and their weapons on the kitchen table.

White-Cloaked Woman: "Qrow. Raven. Wasn't expecting you guys to be here. You should've told me, Tai."

Her teammates didn't respond as they all looked gloomy when they see her with her husband stepping in.

Tai: "Please, Summer. You don't have to do this alone." 

However, Summer goes through them and goes to get her weapon on the table, not looking at her teammates' gazes as Raven also looks away too.

Qrow: "We can come with you. We're a team-no, a family. We can do this together. And-"

His words get cut off when he and his teammates see Summer's sad smile as she responds back. 

Summer: "I'm sorry, guys. This is something I have to do alone. I don't want anyone of you to get involved."

Tai and Qrow try to say something, anything against her statement, but their words die out as they look down at the floor. As she's about to leave the house, Summer looks towards Raven, who is still looking away from her gaze.

Summer: "Hey, Raven..."

Raven slowly turns her head to look at Summer as Summer gives her a sad smile.

Summer: "Promise me to keep Tai and Qrow in line... and look after the girls until I get back, okay?"

Raven slowly turns her head away a bit as she tries to wipe the tears from her eyes before she eventually responds back.

Raven: "Sure..."

Summer: "Thanks..."

As she said this, Summer heads outside, marching to her destination. Once she left, her teammates and her daughters never heard from Summer again... until they found her body.

________________________________________________________________________

(The Island of Patch)

Ozpin: "I'm sorry for your loss

Ozpin: "I'm sorry for your loss..."

________________________________________________________________________

(Present Day)

(A/N: Note that the Grimm in this Red Trailer are just young fledglings, indicated by their lack of white bony covering on their faces and bodies.)