Chapter 7

Setting up a small camp isn't easy, especially alone in an open clearing of the woods. Y/N ponder over how the continent that Mistral is in takes much longer to travel than other kingdoms' continents.

Y/N: "Not surprised Qrow rarely took me here and Atlas."

The hooded Y/N gets out of his tent and does some stretches.

Y/N: "Well, time to patrol the perimeter. Hopefully, I don't run into any trouble."

He proceeds to walk through the woods, examining his surroundings to sense anything that I might ambush him. Either aggressive wildlife or even a Grimm. So far, the only thing he came across were small animals as they flee away from him. Suddenly, Y/N overheard some sobbing nearby.

Y/N: "What the?"

He proceeds to follow where the sobbing is coming from. As he passes through the woods, Y/N comes across a small graveyard and in the distance, he spots a large town. In the graveyard, there's a large man, on his knees and still sobbing in front of a gravestone, covering his face with his hands. After some walking to the graveyard, Y/N slowly approach the large man, all while looking at the gravestone the man sobbing in front of.  The name on the gravestone is visibly for Y/N to see. "Gretchen Rainart." Next to the gravestone, there's a bouquet of flowers along with another bouquet next to the large man.

Y/N: "A family member, I presume?"

The large man releases his hands from his face as he glances over Y/N before looking back at the gravestone.

Large man: "Y-Yes... they were."

With a gloomy expression on his face, Y/N comments. 

Y/N: "I'm... I'm sorry for your loss."

Large man: "Thank... thank you..."

Y/N: "I'm... Y/N L/N."

Hazel: "Hazel Rainart." 

The large man proceeds to wipe away the tears from his eyes. After placing down his bouquet of flowers in front of the gravestone, he stands up and begins to leave the graveyard. Not sure what to say, Y/N ponders for a moment before speaking.

Y/N: "I know it's not my business to get involved but, I... I know how you feel when it comes to losing a family member."

This stops Hazel as he turns around to look at Y/N.

Hazel: "You do?"

Y/N: "Y-Yeah, I... I lost my family."

The large man sadly looks at Y/N before shifting his eyes away.

Hazel: "Oh... I'm sorry to hear that... a boy your age shouldn't go through something like that."

Y/N: "I-It's fine. I acknowledge that they're never coming back. Besides, I might be alone, but I still have someone who support and care about me."

Hazel: "I see... may I ask who?"

Y/N: "My... my mentor. Hm, he may not be the greatest parental figure, but... he's all I got."

Hazel: "Hmm... you're very mature for someone so young."

Y/N: "Me? N-No, I'm not that mature... far from it."

He awkwardly laughs for a bit. There's a moment of pause between them, until Y/N takes a deep breath before looking back at Hazel.

Y/N: "All I want to say is that people deal with grief and loss differently. I'm sure you'll find yours, Hazel. Do you have any other family members?"

Hazel's eyes widen a bit from his statement. As he tilts his head down, staring at the ground. 

Hazel: "I have two brothers. One of them is probably working at our farm at the moment and the other is...."

The large man goes quiet for a moment, looking away from Y/N's gaze before Y/N speaks up. 

Y/N: "It's fine, you don't have to tell me." 

Y/N heads to leave the graveyard and as he passes Hazel, Y/N continues.

Y/N: "I'm sorry for intruding your visit."

Hazel: "It's fine... thank you."

Y/N: "Goodbye."

As he said this and bow a little, Y/N left, heading back to his small camp through the woods. Meanwhile, Hazel continues to gaze upon the gravestone, pondering over Y/N's words. He clenches his fists as grief, sadness, and anger swirl up inside him. 

Hazel: ("Magnus

Hazel: ("Magnus... I hope you come back to me and Oscar.")