Chapter 9

(The Next Day)

It was already evening. Y/N has been traveling to get to Vale as he made it pass its borders.

Y/N: "Man, it's been two years since I left Vale... I wonder... How is Signal Academy doing?"

As he said this, Y/N feels a bit gloomy when remembering it before he spots a building that caught his eyes. A nightclub called "Junior's." What also caught his eye was the damaged state the nightclub was in, like there was a battlefield inside.

Y/N: "This is the place... I guess."

As he notices a police car driving away, Y/N wonders why this place is worn and torn and yet the surrounding buildings aren't. He heads inside the nightclub and his assumption was right as he sees multiple bandaged-up guys fixing and cleaning the place up. Y/N then sits down on a metal stool, taking off his hood, he sees a tall man with a few bandages on his face, approaching from behind the counter.

Tall man: "What do you want? Can't you see we're under construction right now?"

Y/N: "I do see, but I just want to ask some questions about Vale, that's all."

Tall man: "Like what?"

Y/N: "Anything happened recently."

The man stare at Y/N for a moment, looking at the large sword strap behind his back before he responds.

Tall man: "You a huntsman or something?"

Y/N: "Nope."

The tall man was a bit confused by his response before he continues.

Tall man: "Aren't you young to be at a bar?"

Y/N just smiles at his question.

Y/N: "Oh, it's fine. I've visited many bars before."

Tall man: "Huh?! W-Why are you here exactly?"

Y/N: "Well, a certain drunk told me I can get some information by going to a guy named Junior who runs a nightclub called 'Junior's.'"

The tall man's eyes widen when he mentions 'a certain drunk' as Y/N stares at him with a small smile. He sighs shortly before he responds back.

Junior: "Buy a drink, then I'll start talking. Fair?"

Y/N: "Sure! I'll have some water."

As he said this, Y/N gives him some liens. The nightclub owner looks at the liens in front of him, then looks back to Y/N.

Junior: "You know, kid. You could just watch the news for information."

Y/N: "I know, but I want a bit 'more' information, if you know what I mean."

The owner just exhales at his response as he takes the liens off the counter and starts mumbling to himself.

Junior: "Now where's the water jar..."

Junior walks out of the counter to go find the water. As he waits for his drink to be given, Y/N can feel two pairs of eyes are looking at him. He turns around to see a pair of black-haired and green-eyed girls. One in white and another in red. Y/N also notice how similar these two girls are to one another.