Chapter 3

Y/N reached a town near the city of Mistral. It was getting dark as many citizens were beginning to head back to their homes. Y/N takes out his scroll to check the time.

Y/N: "Man, I really need to find a place to sleep. Wonder there's an inn nearb-?"

Suddenly, he overheard someone getting kicked and punched closeby. He turns to find an alley way and in it, a group of guys looming over what appears to be a Faunus as he notices the scorpion tail.

Guy #1: "Look at this critter, trying to intimidate us with its tail."

Guy #2: "A bug brain like him shouldn't be here in the first place."

The rest of the group agrees with one another as the hooded scorpion Faunus is still on the ground, curled up to a ball.

Guy #3: "Whatever. Let's just use him as an example for those Faunus that mess with us-."

The guy's words get cut off as he sees a hooded figure approach him. The rest also took notice of this too. The hooded figure puts away his scroll.

Guy #1: "Hey! Who are you!?"

Y/N looks up to see the injured Faunus then to the group.

Y/N: "Not the biggest fans of Faunus, huh?"

One of them grabs a nearby pipe, pointing at the hooded Y/N with it.

Guy #3: "This is none of your business, punk! This between us and this bug!"

Y/N has his arms up, smiling as he speaks, pointing at the Faunus.

Y/N: "Alright, alright. But how about you focus on me, instead of him? After all, I'm also a Faunus."

Guy #2: "Wait, wha-!?"

The guy's words get cut off as Y/N knocked him with a single punch in the chin, catching the group by surprise.

Y/N: "Just kidding."

Guy #3: "Get this bastard!"

The rest of them dash towards him. Y/N blocked and dodged their attacks as he knocked them out one by one until there's only one opponent left.

Y/N: "Wow. You guys sure are lacking in the whole 'fighting as a group' department, huh."

The last guy with a pipe tries to hit him from behind only for his attack to be blocked by one of Y/N's pistols.

Guy #3: "Huh?"

Y/N turns around to meet the guy's gaze, still smiling as he flips his pistol to grab its barrel, hitting the guy's head and knocking him out. After taking a deep breath, Y/N approached the injured Faunus.

Y/N: "Hey, can you stand up?"

The scorpion Faunus looks at him as he attempts to get up only to stumble a bit. Y/N managed to grab his arm, so he doesn't fall. 

Y/N: "I got you."

A few moments later, Y/N let the Faunus rest near a corner of a building as he gives the Faunus some bandages to patch him up.

Y/N: "Don't worry, I call the police before coming here so you should be fine."

Faunus: "T-Thank you..."

As the scorpion Faunus finishes patching himself up, Y/N stands next to him before he speaks.

Y/N: "So, were those guys-?"

Faunus: "A group of human supremacists, yes... they were."

The Faunus looks down, staring at the ground.

Y/N: "Hey, it's not like this is your fault."

Faunus: "I know, I just... I just don't know what to do with myself." 

Y/N could hear the sadness in his voice as he slides down to get a better look at him.

Y/N: "I'm Y/N. What's your name?"

Tyrian: "Tyrian..."

Y/N: "Well, Tyrian. I'm sure you'll find something that'll make you happy and if people are not okay with it, then that's their own problem."

Tyrian turns to look at Y/N.

Tyrian: "You really think so?"

Y/N: "Yeah. So, go out and find something that makes you happy, okay? Also, don't let guys like them beat you down like that."

The scorpion Faunus nodded in agreement as he absorb Y/N's remark. Realizing how dark it's getting and hearing police sirens in the distance, Y/N gets up from his spot.

Y/N: "Well, looks like we have to part ways, Tyrian."

Tyrian: "Hm, seems like it. Take care, young man."

Y/N quickly waves goodbye to him as he quickly leaves the scene. Moments later, the police arrived at the scene, guns at hand.

Police officer #1: "Freeze! Hands where we can see them!"

As some police officers goes to check on the attackers, Tyrian raises his hands in the air. All while looking at his unconscious attackers, who are bruised and bloodied a bit. As he gazes upon them, a maniacal grin begins to form in his face, thinking about the conversation he had with Y/N.