Chapter 5

Despite the heating grid Atlas made for Mantle and its citizens, it was still cold. Luckily, Y/N managed to put on some warm clothes as he walked to find a local repair shop to help assist in repairing his Crimson and Violet. Normally, he would be the one repairing them but, since he doesn't have the right tools to do that, he must look for a repair shop.

Y/N: ("Where can this place be? It should be around here.")

Walking in a barren street, he looks at his map. Suddenly, Y/N ends up bumping into another person who was power walking. They both fell, wincing in pain. Papers flying in the air only to slowly fall to the ground.

Y/N: "Ow."

???: "Do you not have eyes?! Watch where you're going!"

Y/N looks at the slim, mustache man, sitting as he wince in pain for a moment before grabbing his briefcase and slowly getting up, breathing heavily. Y/N also gets up and grabs his map.

Y/N: "Look, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking."

Slim man: "Oh, I'm sure you weren't."

Not liking his attitude, Y/N was about to retort back only to see in the corner of his eyes, a single paper on the floor. The paper comes with sketches about a giant robot called "Paladin" and information about it.

Y/N: "What the-"

The mustache man quickly picks up paper and putting it and the other papers inside his briefcase.

Slim man: "You shouldn't be looking at other people's work."

The man slowly goes to a nearby alleyway, breathing heavily as he leans at a wall. Y/N could tell that this guy must have it rough with his pant and overcoat being dirty and his gloves worn out.

Y/N: "..."

Taking out a bottle of water from his bag, Y/N sighs and approaches to the mustache man, still breathing heavily.

Y/N: "Here, you can drink this."

The slim man looks at Y/N and then at the water bottle in his hand. Hesitantly, he took the bottle from his hand and began drinking. After that, he looks at Y/N again as he hands him the bottle.

Slim man: "I don't know why you're doing this, but... thank you."

Y/N: "Well, I can tell you're tired so I thought I might help out a little."

He shifts his eyes away much to the slim man's confusion.

Y/N: "Also, I sort of saw your paper. So... yeah... sorry..."

The man groans and Y/N tries to lighten the mood.

Y/N: "But they did look... cool?"

The slim man slowly gets up, cleaning himself a bit.

Slim man: "At least someone thinks that... unlike those imbeciles I had to work with."

Y/N: "Oh... I see."

The mustache man keeps mumbling to himself.

Slim man: "I can't believe they fired me, and my own family banned from the family company. I should've been the leading scientist, not that-!"

He realizes that Y/N was still there as he looks behind him to see him, completely baffled at his mumbling.

Slim man: "You're still here?"

Y/N: "Well, yeah... you seem... troubled."

Slim man: "Hmph. You don't know the half of it, boy."

Y/N: "It's Y/N."

Slim man: "Hmm..."

He gazes upon him before speaking.

Watts: "Arthur... Arthur Watts... not like you know who I am."

Y/N: "Oh... nice name?"

Watts: "Why thank you. And as you saw from those files, it seems like my spectacular inventions have been rejected."

Y/N: "And they fired you for it? That doesn't sound fair."

Watts: "Believe me, it's not. Not only that, but my family also wants nothing to do with me because of it."

The man groans as he places a hand on his head before Y/N respond again.

Y/N: "Well, maybe your inventions can help someone. It doesn't have to be-"

His words get cut off by Watts.

Watts: "I appreciate what you're trying to say, but I want to show my colleagues and my family how wrong they were in rejecting my inventions and calling me. Me! A disgrace."

After hearing this, Y/N ponders over Watts' issue before he can speak.

Y/N: "Well, I was saying, maybe if your inventions help others, even just one, it can show your family and colleagues that your inventions are beneficial, you know?"

Watts' eyes widen a bit as he ponders over what Y/N's response before he looks back.

Watts: "Thank you for those encouraging words, but I must take my leave. I have things to do at the moment."

Y/N: "W-Wait!"

Watts: "Ugh, what is it now?"

Y/N: "Do you know where I can find this place? I need to some heavy repairs on my gears."

As he shows him his map, there's a moment of silence before Watts sighs and responds.

Watts: "It's down the street, just around the corner. Goodbye."

Y/N: "Okay then. Bye."

As Watts leaves through the alleyway as he does a little wave to Y/N, not looking back. Y/N takes a deep breath as he thought how exhausting it was to deal with a pompous guy like that. Thankfully, not a single fight happened to him so that's good. Y/N then proceeds to go to the direction of the repair shop. Meanwhile, Watts powerwalking through the buildings of Mantle, thinking over Y/N's words about his inventions being helpful to others, even if it's just one individual.

 Meanwhile, Watts powerwalking through the buildings of Mantle, thinking over Y/N's words about his inventions being helpful to others, even if it's just one individual

Watts: ("Hm, I highly doubt it...")